2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Well they promised her that she would start from day 1 for four years. That she would be their centerpiece recruit and they would surround her with talent. That she would get more NIL money than we could ever offer. That it would always be sunny and that unicorns would sprout wherever she walked. I think that about sums it up
Can they promise her a National Championship at UF in WBB?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
My interest in WBB has generally hovered around 0.0. However, with the latest juvenile, immature, amateurish crap surrounding our program, I think it has actually dipped into negative interest territory.

And before you ask "if you don't care, why did you bother to come here in the first place?" I'll leave that one to the philosophers.

• Haha
Reactions: Bwellgolf

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
My interest in WBB has generally hovered around 0.0. However, with the latest juvenile, immature, amateurish crap surrounding our program, I think it has actually dipped into negative interest territory.

And before you ask "if you don't care, why did you bother to come here in the first place?" I'll leave that one to the philosophers.
Whatever makes you feel better. The rest of us on this thread will continue enjoying WBB Content.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022

My interest in the content of your posts on GAMECOCK WBB threads is zero. And before you ask, “Well why don’t you hit the ignore button?”

Well always let self important ignorant trolls make asses of themselves. You can’t stop them

DeutschRock

Jan 20, 2022

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1656651755928.jpg
    FB_IMG_1656651755928.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
I have always supported Dawn as our head coach but do not care for her politics one bit. Doubt that any of our other coaches could act the way she does.

Reactions: CWW

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I
I have always supported Dawn as our head coach but do not care for her politics one bit. Doubt that any of our other coaches could act the way she does.
truly appreciate your response. There is a small but vocal set on FGF that revel in our WBB team losing because of DS’s politics.
I did not agree with Holtz’s politics but I never rooted against his teams because of his stances.

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
Thinking about official visits. Does anyone know if any of our remaining targets have taken their official visit to USC yet? I had through Milaysia had but now that I go back and look at the pics she posted on Instagram it said unofficial in the post.
Side note … Texas and miss st fans are pretty sure Madison Booker is Texas bound

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Thinking about official visits. Does anyone know if any of our remaining targets have taken their official visit to USC yet? I had through Milaysia had but now that I go back and look at the pics she posted on Instagram it said unofficial in the post.
Side note … Texas and miss st fans are pretty sure Madison Booker is Texas bound
I have no knowledge. But I think DS plays the OV game thusly. She gets multiple unofficial visit from prospects. She saves OVs for big home games to wow the recruit.

Booker going to UT would be a disappointment but not a shock. Vic has been recruiting her since was at Miss st. and the instate programs can’t match UT,.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
So Angelica Velez committed to LSU today. If she's a packaged deal like some implied them that means Rosario will be following her. Personally I don't believe it, but it's worth paying attention to.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
So Angelica Velez committed to LSU today. If she's a packaged deal like some implied them that means Rosario will be following her. Personally I don't believe it, but it's worth paying attention to.
UT Board will be in meltdown when they sober up after UF Win or lose.

I don’t believe they are a package deal either but it is worth remembering they played together at TrentonNJ before transferring

Last edited:

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
I hope she chooses us.

Would be awesome to get her! Looks like she still has several officials she can go on. It will probably be a while before she decides :/. Tessa Johnson was also on an official to us this weekend but she hasn’t posted anything from the visit. She seems to be pretty quiet about it all.

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
Getting interesting on Twitter regarding Kim Mulkeys decision to not comment on the Brittney Griner situation at a press conference today. Former players Chloe Jackson and Hannah Gusters are throwing Kim under the bus 👀. And former Gamecock beat writer Cory Diaz started it 🤣

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Getting interesting on Twitter regarding Kim Mulkeys decision to not comment on the Brittney Griner situation at a press conference today. Former players Chloe Jackson and Hannah Gusters are throwing Kim under the bus 👀. And former Gamecock beat writer Cory Diaz started it 🤣
Here is Queen Egbo’s quote....DAYUM

Queen Egbo closed out her Baylor career this past season and played for Mulkey for three seasons before the coach left for LSU. The 2022 WNBA first-round pick blasted her former leader on Twitter.

"A player that built Baylor, 2 [Final Fours], & a 40-0 record. Yet her former coach refuses to say anything or simply just show any kind of support," Egbo tweeted. "Keep that in mind when you’re choosing schools."

Supposedly they fell out almost a decade ago when Mulkey told her not to come out about her sexuality. To abandon someone at the most difficult point in their life....

Last edited:

GivEmDaSpurs

Joined Sep 23, 2019
Jan 17, 2022
Here is Queen Egbo’s quote....DAYUM

Queen Egbo closed out her Baylor career this past season and played for Mulkey for three seasons before the coach left for LSU. The 2022 WNBA first-round pick blasted her former leader on Twitter.

"A player that built Baylor, 2 [Final Fours], & a 40-0 record. Yet her former coach refuses to say anything or simply just show any kind of support," Egbo tweeted. "Keep that in mind when you’re choosing schools."

Supposedly they fell out almost a decade ago when Mulkey told her not to come out about her sexuality. To abandon someone at the most difficult point in their life....
Mulkey has always come across as a me first ego maniac.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Mulkey has always come across as a me first ego maniac.
After her silence, I think even less of her.

Even if her relationship with Griner is beyond repair you can at least say, “I am sad that she is going through this tough time, My prayer is that she is safe and home soon.” That costs you nothing and you appear to at have a soul.

Her silence was callous and a serious eff you to Griner. I also think it showed cowardice. Griner is not a popular subject and by trying to not offend anybody she showed a lack of honesty and character.

With her history about not dealing with Griner’s sexuality and this silence, you have question her loyalty and commitment to any recruit/player who is not heterosexual

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Not surprised!!! I was wondering what was taking so long for any of her players, past and present, to take notice of this issue!

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Per VolNation, Madison Booker announcing her choice tomorrow. Looks like it's coming down to Texas, Tenn, and Duke - with Texas and Vic being the likely choice. Scratch another off the list.

Very perplexed with how the 2023 recruiting season is playing out for SC.

Currently we are the:

- Reigning Nat. Champs/ #1 program in the nation
- leading fan attendance
- HoF coach
- national spotlight / visibility / TV exposure that's second to only UConn (perhaps even currently on par)
- potentially depleted roster in 2023

and yet, apparently, none of the top talent in the class of '23' one wants to play for us or at least publicly commit as so many others have with their school choices (UConn, LSU, UNC, etc.)

Reactions: winloseortie

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Per VolNation, Madison Booker announcing her choice tomorrow. Looks like it's coming down to Texas, Tenn, and Duke - with Texas and Vic being the likely choice. Scratch another off the list.

Very perplexed with how the 2023 recruiting season is playing out for SC.

Currently we are the:

- Reigning Nat. Champs/ #1 program in the nation
- leading fan attendance
- HoF coach
- national spotlight / visibility / TV exposure that's second to only UConn (perhaps even currently on par)
- potentially depleted roster in 2023

and yet, apparently, none of the top talent in the class of '23' one wants to play for us or at least publicly commit as so many others have with their school choices (UConn, LSU, UNC, etc.)
Wow! Bring the doom and gloom. 🤣🤣When Booker commits we are still in the final group of 5 players in the national top 16 and another 3 that several “experts” think are grossly under rated.

I understand your, my and the whole board’s anxiety about this class. DS is known for letting players commit at their pace. We may already have several silents.

I think we take 4, 5 at the most. Someone’s gonna grab a Covid year. The portal is still there AND the 24 class is loaded with talent that is in love with us.

Del Rosario, Watkins, Kitts and Fulwiley would be a stunning class

GivEmDaSpurs

Joined Sep 23, 2019
Jan 17, 2022
Wow! Bring the doom and gloom. 🤣🤣When Booker commits we are still in the final group of 5 players in the national top 16 and another 3 that several “experts” think are grossly under rated.

I understand your, my and the whole board’s anxiety about this class. DS is known for letting players commit at their pace. We may already have several silents.

I think we take 4, 5 at the most. Someone’s gonna grab a Covid year. The portal is still there AND the 24 class is loaded with talent that is in love with us.

It would not surprise me one bit to eventually learn that Dawn was slow rolling this class due to the extra Covid year.

We know we have 2 spots available and one of those is Fulwiley when she chooses to let it be known.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022

Doom and Gloom? Just said I was perplexed. I would hope and assume that we have silents. I know If I was a young talented player and with this being the new NIL era, I would want to attach my brand as early as possible to a program that was perceived by most as the current tops in the country.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
It would not surprise me one bit to eventually learn that Dawn was slow rolling this class due to the extra Covid year.

We know we have 2 spots available and one of those is Fulwiley when she chooses to let it be known.

Even if all our seniors return we still have 4 scholarships to give. We are at present 2 under the limit and with Saxton and Fletcher running out of eligibility

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
It certainly would be nice if some of these girls would go ahead and commit so we don’t have to wait until November or even April :/. I just wish I knew which girls are still planning a visit. Not sure that ADR has been on hers at USC yet but if she has then I don’t have a great feeling as she has shown some LSU love on her Twitter and was at the UT game last weekend even though she has already taken her official there. Nothing USC related accept she liked the we wanted Aaliyah post from The Cotton Gin. Looks like Kitts and Fulwiley still have 3 more visits to take if they choose to do so. I think we will have quite a wait still.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Doom and Gloom? Just said I was perplexed. I would hope and assume that we have silents. I know If I was a young talented player and with this being the new NIL era, I would want to attach my brand as early as possible to a program that was perceived by most as the current tops in the country.
I had 🤣🤣🤣 after doom and gloom and liked the post, I was not dissing

Reactions: Cockburn

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I'm not worried when it comes to Dawn and recruiting, I have been down that road before and then the 2019 class happened. We're a hot commodity right now and the people will come who are up for the challenge of being on a Championship team with a target on your back. And if by some stroke of unfortunate luck we whiff on this class, I'm sure the coach staff will have their pick from transfer portal to supplement it.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
It certainly would be nice if some of these girls would go ahead and commit so we don’t have to wait until November or even April :/. I just wish I knew which girls are still planning a visit. Not sure that ADR has been on hers at USC yet but if she has then I don’t have a great feeling as she has shown some LSU love on her Twitter and was at the UT game last weekend even though she has already taken her official there. Nothing USC related accept she liked the we wanted Aaliyah post from The Cotton Gin. Looks like Kitts and Fulwiley still have 3 more visits to take if they choose to do so. I think we will have quite a wait still

ADR has visited twice, do not know if one was an OV.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Mulkey is wise not to respond...she will not buckle under pressure from the political left. To me, she is a breathe of fresh air.

Brittney Griner broke the law in Russia. She knew better.!! If you are a Russian citizen and you come to America and break the law, you are punished in OUR justice system. And by the way, she is not illegally detained. She broker the law and PLEADED GUILTY.

Mulkey is one heck of a coach. She did not get where she is without being one of the top coaches in America. If what former players are saying is true about Mulkey, why did they stay at Baylor?

"A player that built Baylor, 2 national titles, & a 40-0 record," Egbo said, "Yet her former coach refuses to say anything or simply just show any kind of support."

"Keep that in mind when you’re choosing schools."

Kim is a coach, not a drug counselor, politician, lawyer...she is paid to coach girls at LSU and win National Championships...plain and simple. I wish our coach was little more like Mulkey...silence is GOLDEN!!!!

Reactions: KingWard