2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Speaking of Fulwiley...She needs to play more this upcoming season. Not sure where those minutes are going to come from. That's why Dawn gets paid the big bucks.

I think Dawn can sell her on 6th women of the year next year and she will back up Raven and Pao Pao and coukd easily play more minutes than both.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I would argue venality is on the decrease in college sports. Venality is about corruption behind closed doors.

What we have happening is capitalism at its worst. But it is right out there in the open. No regulation or boundaries. It still has negative consequences but it reveals the harsh truth that college athletics at least for the last 60 years has been a transactional quid pro quo. Now the athletes get to be openly at the table negotiating their value
I see your point about venality, unless gambling comes into play.

That aside, it won't end well for the collaborative approach if some form of uniform NIL protocol isn't achieved. That shouldn't restrict individual earning potential, but everyone should be approaching NIL essentially the same way systemically. It's wild and wooly now.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
RAEGAN BEERS IS ON VISIT TO OKLAHOMA

LSU’s Janae Kent to A&M

Syracuse transfer Alyssa Latham 6’2” PF is headed to Tennessee, per announcement.
Latham averaged 8.6 ppg and 7 rpg as a freshman. She is an athletic 4 that replaces Striplin and moves Sarah Puckett to the bench. Would not be surprised to see Puckett enter the portal with McQueen and Nye from Bama probably coming to UT

Also Temira Poindexter, 6’1, F, Jr. (21 ppg, 5.3 rpg) has scheduled visit to Rocky Top.
UPDATE
POINDEXTER
commits to Kansas St

Mississippi State has landed Oklahoma State Sr. transfer 5’11” G Chandler Prater 8ppg and 6 reb

Auburn has landed Texas Sr transfer DeYona Gaston,6’2” PF per announcement.
She averaged 8.4 ppg and 4.2 rpg last season.

Last edited:

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Watching the Jordan Brand Classic on YouTube and Joyce Edwards has 14 pts in the first half. She rarely misses a layup.
Mareah O’Neal is playing well too. Just crazy to me that LSU did not show any interest in her.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Joyce is so good I really think she's a smaller but more fine tuned Amihere. She can guard 1-5 and she relentless at all times. Her motor is insane and she has great hands. She generally makes good decisions and can pass the ball pretty well too. Also she can lead a fast break with great handles for her size. If she can get more comfortable 15 ft and beyond then she would be league ready.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Thought I would hop around the intrawebs and see how Shawn Poppie was doing at tatertown. It appears that they will be able to field a team for next season.

He had big wins 😉in convincing Maddi Cluse to stay (5’10, G, Jr. 7.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg) in 13 games as a starter before being injured. Madi Ott (5’10 2.4 ppg) also withdrew from the portal because there is something in those hills.

They also return 6th player Mackenzie Kramer 8.3 ppg and F Eno Inyang 2.4 ppg. Freshmen Kellerman and Ranallo combined to score 3 points all last season.

6 players in total return. Between them 26 career starts and 20.4 ppg

They have brought in three through the portal. All starters and blondes
Summah Evans, 6’0, F, Sr. (13.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg)Mercer
Hannah Kohn, 5’9, G, Fr. (7.6 ppg) Chattanooga
Tessa Miller, 6’2, F, Jr. (14.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg) Belmont DPOY in her conference

This brings their roster to 9 players
At present they are slighty favored to place 2nd maybe 3rd in the SOCON.

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022

I've seen some excitement about Brenda Frese's incoming roster, but this feels like every year with her--heavy roster turnover. Rinse and repeat.

One Kentucky fan said Kenny Brooks is putting together a roster that could make a run in the tournament. When I asked him UK's starting five....crickets.

I'm not sure which teams are better yet thanks to the portal. Obviously, adding a big name like Beers and Iriafen is going to make some teams portal "winners." Right now, though, it's difficult to say. I need a scorecard to keep track of everyone who has left a team and who was added.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022

I've seen some excitement about Brenda Frese's incoming roster, but this feels like every year with her--heavy roster turnover. Rinse and repeat.

One Kentucky fan said Kenny Brooks is putting together a roster that could make a run in the tournament. When I asked him UK's starting five....crickets.

I'm not sure which teams are better yet thanks to the portal. Obviously, adding a big name like Beers and Iriafen is going to make some teams portal "winners." Right now, though, it's difficult to say. I need a scorecard to keep track of everyone who has left a team and who was added.

Brenda is a pro at losing players and getting them through the portal for over a decade now. I'm not as concerned for her, especially since shes finally gotten some bigs which has been her Achilles heel as of late.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022

UK Projected starting lineup as of today
A roster that is better than last year, maybe. A starting five that has some possibilities but other than Amoore has uneven talent and is a total work in progress. Bench other than Strack is a disaster waiting to happen. NCAA Team? At present, NO. Will be playing on Wednesday in SEC TOURNAMENT.

PG Georgia Amoore All American
SF Lexi Blue Fr 6’2” #40 hoopgurlz

SG Saniah Tyler was UK PG last year 10 ppg

PF Amelia Hassett 6’3” Australian JUCO who averaged 8&7

C Clara Silva Fr 6’7” highly acclaimed as best international player entering college ranks

Bench
Clara Strack 6’5” C filled in admirably for Kitley

Gabby Brooks SG coach’s daughter, would ride the pines at Clemson

Cassidy Rowe SG would get Very limited playing time at Clemson

Teonni Key 6’4” Jr minimal impact at UNC on a team desperate for post play

Tanah Becker 6’0” SG Fr UK was her only P5 offer

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
UK Projected starting lineup as of today
A roster that is better than last year, maybe. A starting five that has some possibilities but other than Amoore has uneven talent and is a total work in progress. NCAA Team? At present, NO. Will be playing on Wednesday in SEC TOURNAMENT.

PG Georgia Amoore All American
SF Lexi Blue Fr 6’2” #40 hoopgurlz

SG Saniah Tyler was UK PG last year 10 ppg

PF Amelia Hassett 6’3” Australian JUCO who averaged 8&7

C Clara Silva Fr 6’7” highly acclaimed as best international player entering college ranks

Bench
Clara Strack 6’5” C filled in admirably for Kitley

Clara Brooks SG coach’s daughter, would ride the pines at Clemson

Cassidy Rowe SG would get Very limited playing time at Clemson

Teonni Key 6’4” Jr minimal impact at UNC on a team desperate for post play

Tanah Becker 6’0” SG Fr UK was her only P5 offer
Lack of size at guard was a major issue last year and it's actually gotten worse.

But no doubt Brooks is a long term upgrade over Elzy. Next year, though, I agree they need some more portal additions to be a tournament team.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Thought I would hop around the intrawebs and see how Shawn Poppie was doing at tatertown. It appears that they will be able to field a team for next season.

He had big wins 😉in convincing Maddi Cluse to stay (5’10, G, Jr. 7.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg) in 13 games as a starter before being injured. Madi Ott (5’10 2.4 ppg) also withdrew from the portal because there is something in those hills.

They also return 6th player Mackenzie Kramer 8.3 ppg and F Eno Inyang 2.4 ppg. Freshmen Kellerman and Ranallo combined to score 3 points all last season.

6 players in total return. Between them 26 career starts and 20.4 ppg

They have brought in three through the portal. All starters and blondes
Summah Evans, 6’0, F, Sr. (13.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg)Mercer
Hannah Kohn, 5’9, G, Fr. (7.6 ppg) Chattanooga
Tessa Miller, 6’2, F, Jr. (14.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg) Belmont DPOY in her conference

This brings their roster to 9 players
At present they are slighty favored to place 2nd maybe 3rd in the SOCON.
Oh, wow. I would have given Butler another year with Whitehorn and Imari Berri. I guess Butler wasn't meeting the AD's standard of excellence or whatever.

Clemson has poured a lot of money into women's sports recently--softball, gymnastics, a state of the art lacrosse stadium. I can't hate on them for doing that because it's ultimately to the benefit of the HS girls in our state. I'm not sure if the increased emphasis has translated into a successful program yet or not since I mostly focus on basketball and volleyball (the answer is "no" for those two sports).

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Oh, wow. I would have given Butler another year with Whitehorn and Imari Berri. I guess Butler wasn't meeting the AD's standard of excellence or whatever.

Clemson has poured a lot of money into women's sports recently--softball, gymnastics, a state of the art lacrosse stadium. I can't hate on them for doing that because it's ultimately to the benefit of the HS girls in our state. I'm not sure if the increased emphasis has translated into a successful program yet or not since I mostly focus on basketball and volleyball (the answer is "no" for those two sports).
I had talked about their predicament a several days before Butler go fired.

The three coaches before Butler were… well incompetent to be coaching on P6 level. During those 13 years they had the worst record in all of P6 133-257. Conference record, which is a better indicator of how good a team is, was

35-163 18% YIKES

Butler brought a level of competence that had not been seen there in 15 years. She made them better but unfortunately she only got them to the level of being a well coached but woefully short on talent program and too reliant on the portaI. I thought they would give her another year. In firing her they blew up the program.

Poppie is going to have a really really tough first 2 years. Just too little talent and too few bodies. His schedule needs to be pathetically weak with the exception of us and the ACC/SEC Challenge. That might give him room to recruit. Year 3 will be make or break.

I also wonder if the 69 point loss to us and the dunk last year was just unbearable for admin. Butler is openly gay and adopted a child while there. From the outside looking in, she seemed to be wonderfully embraced by the community and found a church to attend. But I wonder🤷‍♂️ Poppie is married with 3 children and seems to be the picture perfect family. He will be the first male coach in over 20 years.

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
#2 looking good, but it appears there should be at least two more Gamecocks on that list?
Well, personally, I don't think there is a better rising junior than Watkins. When on the floor with other players ranked ahead her in her class--Beers, Gardiner, Barker--she's been the better player. But I'm ok if someone wants to say she needs to start and play 25 to 30 minutes (at least) a game before they elevate her to best in her class. Some fans want Dawn to bring in a Big Slow to take over for Cardoso, but Watkins is a fantastic talent who needs be on the court to fully develop.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
So she had let this knowledge sit out there for a week that she has committed to TCU and said nothing. This young woman was a clueless mess before she went to LSU. Now she is gaming the internet for 💩s and giggles. Good Lord, coaches, run away as fast as you can.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
So she had let this knowledge sit out there for a week that she has committed to TCU and said nothing. This young woman was a clueless mess before she went to LSU. Now she is gaming the internet for 💩s and giggles. Good Lord, coaches, run away as fast as you can.

Either she didn't like Cavinder leaving or Scherr coming, it seems to me anyway. smh

Apr 5, 2022
Well, personally, I don't think there is a better rising junior than Watkins. When on the floor with other players ranked ahead her in her class--Beers, Gardiner, Barker--she's been the better player. But I'm ok if someone wants to say she needs to start and play 25 to 30 minutes (at least) a game before they elevate her to best in her class. Some fans want Dawn to bring in a Big Slow to take over for Cardoso, but Watkins is a fantastic talent who needs be on the court to fully develop.

That's exactly the first name I thought of. But I rewrote my post a number of times, because there are a few names on our roster that seem to belong on that list... but then again, rose colored glasses, overvalueing the familiar... Who knows?

Reactions: DarkCock

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
That's exactly the first name I thought of. But I rewrote my post a number of times, because there are a few names on our roster that seem to belong on that list... but then again, rose colored glasses, overvalueing the familiar... Who knows?
True. We are homers, but neither of us would have guessed Fulwiley would be ranked that high. I've listened to that guy on a podcast and he compared Fulwiley to Russell Westbrook. That seems like an apt comparison. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another female player I would compare to him.

Reactions: germangamecock

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Andraya Carter was talking about Ashlynn’s D at the FF. Something to the extent, “It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t improve her offense over the next 2 years. She will be a top 5 pick because she is a generational Defensive talent that can guard 4 and occasionally 5 positions on the floor”

Apr 5, 2022
True. We are homers, but neither of us would have guessed Fulwiley would be ranked that high. I've listened to that guy on a podcast and he compared Fulwiley to Russell Westbrook. That seems like an apt comparison. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another female player I would compare to him.

True that is a nice and welcome surprise.

One thing to remember as well - it's all about clicks and getting a share of all our attention. And it's working. On the boneyard they are probably happy and outraged at the same time (where is Azzi???), if there is someone over there in LA who cares about this, they are outraged as well (who is this Fulwiley - never heard of her?) and in Iowa (and certain corners of Tennessee) they are wondering who on earth gave anybody the permission to ever post WNBA Draft projections ever again? Everyone knows that after CC the WNBA draft should be retired!

Reactions: DarkCock