2024 B1G Tourney Session IV Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Saw that! Did he actually throw them at Braeden?

They landed on Braeden’s head as he was bending down to take his off, sure looked intentional to me.

the anklets have almost no weight. It's almost impossible to throw them, unless you hook them 1st. Sometimes crazy things happen at the end of the match, where one guy is bummed at losing, the winner is elated, and both guys have to remove their anklets, and the ref is standing there trying to lift the hand of the winner.

Basically, it was a nothing. McKee was just dropping the anklets to the mat, and 1 (or 2) landed on Davis.

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Really well wrestled by Davis. Great tournament.
Not sure what to make of the post-match interview. Could read his responses 6 different ways.
Will give him the benefit of doubt and chalk it up to "winning championships is what we do" :)
Big moment for the young guy. He looks like he is 14, and has now beaten very good wrestlers who are 5+ years older than him. Fantastic! Although, big credit to him, he certainly was not surprised that he won.
It would be fun to watch him watch the replay of the interview. He will have plenty of time - and help - to prepare for future post-match interviews.
What a great win for him and for PSU Wrestling!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Big moment for the young guy. He looks like he is 14, and has now beaten very good wrestlers who are 5+ years older than him. Fantastic! Although, big credit to him, he certainly was not surprised that he won.
It would be fun to watch him watch the replay of the interview. He will have plenty of time - and help - to prepare for future post-match interviews.
What a great win for him and for PSU Wrestling!

I think with that match, that Davis is 8-2 against ranked wrestlers this season

Capkbc

Nov 5, 2021
133: #5 Aaron Nagao vs. #4 Jacob Van Dee (Neb.) in the 3rd place match -- I'll use JVB

Per 1
Nagao reaches, nothing. JVB shoots and Nagao sprawls, nothing. Nagao gets a low single, they scramble, but Nagao gets the TD, 3-0. Nagao throws in boots, and has JVB extended. Nagao tilts him, and is in good position, and he gets the PIN @ 1:51!!!!!!
#ThatsWhatWeDo