2024 MLB Predictions

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Anyone want to put some bold predictions down on Opening Day eve?

ALCS: Baltimore & Houston

NLCS: Dodgers & DBacks

WS: Baltimore over Dodgers

AL MVP: Bobby Witt Jr.

NL MVP: Corbin Carroll

AL Cy Young: Corbin Burnes

NL Cy Young: Zac Gallen

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Who spent the most money in the National League?
Who spends the most money in American league?

Some where among the top three on each league, you will find your teams in the World Series.

I think the Dodgers are tired of not winning the title, so they're gonna spend the most money.

Reactions: Maroon Pug

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Bold prediction: I’m going to watch more baseball this year than I have in about 20 years. I’m pumped about this season. Hope Cards do well, but I’m not losing sleep over it. My son is almost 12 and really got into watching the playoffs last year and is excited to watch the Cardinals, and Arizona unfortunately, this season. I’ll be leaving work early today to watch todays Cards game with him.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
ALCS: Orioles - Rangers
NLCS: Dodgers- Phillies
WS - Orioles - Phillies (Orioles win in 6)

My A's win 60+ games this year and Rooker gets traded before deadline, possibly to Diamondbacks.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Leaving for work: now there is a novel concept. Might watch a Brave game every two weeks, but not every night like I did when I had to be at work back in the 90’s.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Cubs win the Central but bow out in the first round. Phillies, Giants and Reds make the playoffs.
Other AL playoff teams: Toronto, Minnesota, Tampa, Texas.

ALCS: Seattle and Houston
NLCS: Dodgers and Barves

WS: Dodgers over Mariners

AL MVP: Julio Rodriguez
NL MVP: Freddie Freeman
AL Cy Young: Framber Valdez
NL Cy Young: Zack Wheeler

Reactions: 57stratdawg

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
This isn't a prediction, this is a fact. The Cardinals have the worst front office in baseball starting at the top with that bowtie wearing douche named John Mozeliak. Cardinals will lose 95 games this year. Well, i guess this did turn out as a prediction after all.

Reactions: DawgatAuburn

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
The Dodgers have already done that. To the tune of about 1.3 billion and counting since they just signed Will Smith to a 10 year extension.

The Stankees and Dodgers outspend everyone each year yet the Stankees haven’t had a title since 2009 and the Dodgers won the Covid title.

Other teams have thrown money around at varying degrees of success. The Rangers were able to luckily cash in even though deGrom only lasted 6 games.

San Diego spent stupid money for a couple of seasons and didn’t even win their division and have since had to sell off players. The Mets went all in last year and tanked when Pete Alonso’s sorry a s s tried to show up the Braves and they shut him up.

Nobody will outspend NY or LA over time ye their rate of return so far sucks if the bottom line is a championship. If the Dodgers flame out again this year it could end ugly for them especially since it is now coming out just how weird and reclusive that Ohtani is. It just doesn’t look like a long term recipe for success but they for sure will continue throwing money at it

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Bold prediction: I’m going to watch more baseball this year than I have in about 20 years. I’m pumped about this season. Hope Cards do well, but I’m not losing sleep over it. My son is almost 12 and really got into watching the playoffs last year and is excited to watch the Cardinals, and Arizona unfortunately, this season. I’ll be leaving work early today to watch todays Cards game with him.
I've watched a little of this game and the Dodgers are having their way. I've never been a big baseball fan but I may watch more this year. I've cut back on playing golf so this may be a good way to fill some of my time this Summer.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I've watched a little of this game and the Dodgers are having their way. I've never been a big baseball fan but I may watch more this year. I've cut back on playing golf so this may be a good way to fill some of my time this Summer.
It’s a rough start. Hope Ohtani didn’t bet on the cards.

Reactions: Dawg1976