2024 NCAA Championship Session V Thread

gimb14

May 3, 2022
So, pre 24-25 lineup ---> Davis - Nagao - Bartlett(?) - Kasak - VanNess - Levi - MM..........nice front 7!
My current guess: Davis, Nagao, Bartlett, SVN, Mesenbrink, Haines, Starocci, Barr, transfer, Kerk. I think Kasak redshirts and could see Lilledahl taking one of the light weights. Could potentially slide Facundo in and bump guys up, but I think that's entirely dependant upon Starocci's wishes.

Reactions: BrianS

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
My current guess: Davis, Nagao, Bartlett, SVN, Mesenbrink, Haines, Starocci, Barr, transfer, Kerk. I think Kasak redshirts and could see Lilledahl taking one of the light weights. Could potentially slide Facundo in and bump guys up, but I think that's entirely dependant upon Starocci's wishes.
I think lilledahl shirts unless they think he can win it all. Lighter of the twins at 197, if they think he can AA.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
It’s been in their forums for several years from some of their fans who are ready to move on from the Brands bros.

Many I0wa fans remain loyal to the Brands Bros. but think somehow TnT will hire an assistant who will teach aggressive offense to lined-up-at-the-door wannabe Hawkeye wrestlers. At the risk of offending Ford fans, that thought is like putting premium fuel in a Pinto and thinking it will win the Indy 500. Why they think the kings of 3-2 match wins would cede control to a David Taylor or Bo Nickal (actual names mentioned by Hawk fans) is hard to fathom. Why they think Taylor or Nickal would want to work for aforementioned kings of the 3-2 stall ball is another exercise in mental gymnastics by them.

Prediction: anOSU will win a natty before I0wa does. Most I0wa fans see that modern wrestling is beyond their grasp; most are unwilling to entertain the changes necessary to catch up. Shoot - some are writing Excel macros trying to figure out how to finish the natty tournaments no lower than third place. Third place = memento mori, Hawkeyes.

Reactions: WEP6-12 and bohucon

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Iowa faces the problem of being clearly the second best program in the country while still being very far away from the best program.

bohucon

Oct 31, 2021
Many I0wa fans remain loyal to the Brands Bros. but think somehow TnT will hire an assistant who will teach aggressive offense to lined-up-at-the-door wannabe Hawkeye wrestlers. At the risk of offending Ford fans, that thought is like putting premium fuel in a Pinto and thinking it will win the Indy 500. Why they think the kings of 3-2 match wins would cede control to a David Taylor or Bo Nickal (actual names mentioned by Hawk fans) is hard to fathom. Why they think Taylor or Nickal would want to work for aforementioned kings of the 3-2 stall ball is another exercise in mental gymnastics by them.

Prediction: anOSU will win a natty before I0wa does. Most I0wa fans see that modern wrestling is beyond their grasp; most are unwilling to entertain the changes necessary to catch up. Shoot - some are writing Excel macros trying to figure out how to finish the natty tournaments no lower than third place. Third place = memento mori, Hawkeyes.
Agree and the 3 point takedown has added and will continue to add more fuel to their demise.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Iowa people getting desperate and starting rumors

DT is sitting pretty in Pleasant Gap. He’s living the life of a king and has such a great wrestling club making a huge impact on the sport and will for years to come. First Levi, now Kasak, Ryder is the next in line. He’s a prep school for championship wrestling!

Reactions: WV lion

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
1997 Iowa 170 most points ever Okie State 113.5 56.5 differential.

2005 Okie State 153 Michigan 83 70 pt differential largest I could find.

If PSU loses every match tonight and UM wins both theirs, they still can't close the gap. This PSU team has the largest margin of victory ever and the second most points ever.

Ever.

Reactions: KMAC41

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
It’s really important for BB to come out and get on his offense. Gonna be a great time.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
Iowa faces the problem of being clearly the second best program in the country while still being very far away from the best program.

With respect, I0wa is NOT "clearly the second best program in the country." They finished fourth in this year's B1G tourney (behind Michigan and Nebraska) and are currently fourth thus far in the natty tournament. Granted the spread between 2nd-6th place is "only" about 10 points, but do they have enough wrestlers competing tonight to close the gap between themselves (67 points - 4th) and Michigan (71 - 2nd)? Even if they do, they will likely finish 100 (ONE HUNDRED) points behind the Lions. Using another racing analogy (I live 10 miles from Richard Petty), Penn State has lapped I0wa once and is working on putting them a second lap down.

(Please do not interpret my remarks as sympathy for I0wa sports fans; they have shown themselves to be totally devoid of class. I do try not to take pleasure in their pathetic flailing in the adult end of the pool, though.)

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Without the gambling suspensions they would have already locked up second this year. They also have a ton money to spend in NIL to bring in transfers
This year, sure. I'm just not sure about the next couple (I also don't know how they've been recruiting). Ohio State is set up really well though so I think no matter what Iowa does, they're 3rd best the next couple

Reactions: WV lion

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
With respect, I0wa is NOT "clearly the second best program in the country." They finished fourth in this year's B1G tourney (behind Michigan and Nebraska) and are currently fourth thus far in the natty tournament. Granted the spread between 2nd-6th place is "only" about 10 points, but do they have enough wrestlers competing tonight to close the gap between themselves (67 points - 4th) and Michigan (71 - 2nd)? Even if they do, they will likely finish 100 (ONE HUNDRED) points behind the Lions. Using another racing analogy (I live 10 miles from Richard Petty), Penn State has lapped I0wa once and is working on putting them a second lap down.

(Please do not interpret my remarks as sympathy for I0wa sports fans; they have shown themselves to be totally devoid of class. I do try not to take pleasure in their pathetic flailing in the adult end of the pool, though.)
They are second best program in the country and would be second easily this year without the gambling suspensions and also I said they are very far behind Penn State. Ohio State may be the second best team next but many seem to forget that Iowa won an NC a few years ago and would have gone back to back without Covid. Iowa is second to Penn State in resources and have a very high budget for NIL.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
Without the gambling suspensions they would have already locked up second this year. They also have a ton money to spend in NIL to bring in transfers

Wow, another bold assumption! You do realize Real Woods, for instance, finished slight below seed, right? Some of our ranked guys had misfortune as well. No one can factually say Nelson Brands, for instance, would have wrestled to a #1 placement. What if I say Shane Van Ness would've wrestled to #1 if he had not suffered a season-ending injury? Total speculation.

Not trying to attack you or I0wa, but not sending bouquets to the Hawkeyes either.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
They are second best program in the country and would be second easily this year without the gambling suspensions and also I said they are very far behind Penn State. Ohio State may be the second best team next but many seem to forget that Iowa won an NC a few years ago and would have gone back to back without Covid. Iowa is second to Penn State in resources and have a very high budget for NIL.

Ok, fine, sure. Keep shooting those blanks.

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Wow, another bold assumption! You do realize Real Woods, for instance, finished slight below seed, right? Some of our ranked guys had misfortune as well. No one can factually say Nelson Brands, for instance, would have wrestled to a #1 placement. What if I say Shane Van Ness would've wrestled to #1 if he had not suffered a season-ending injury? Total speculation.

Not trying to attack you or I0wa, but not sending bouquets to the Hawkeyes either.
Cassiopi would have placed

gimb14

May 3, 2022

Nah, they would've been second. Cassiopi is an AA, Assad would've given them a qualifier at 184, Brands upgrade at 174, and Siebricht at 157 too.

Edit: Maybe not at 157

Reactions: KJB32812

KJB32812

Oct 31, 2021
Carter gonna have his work cut out for him. Kids no slouch...as we've seen.

MJG-90

Oct 12, 2021
You do realize Real Woods, for instance, finished slight below seed, right?
“Do you realize” that statements beginning with “you do realize” are considered passive aggressive at best, condescending at worst and not good form in a polite discussion?