2024 Pan American Olympic Games Qualifier, 2/28-3/1

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
Just watched. Pretty shocking from Lee. Goes up 10-4, then falls to 12-12 tie, then in 30 seconds gives up feet to back, lace, lace, TD to get TF’d.

just bad.
I'm not gonna say he or yianni can't go out and qualify at last chance for the US(assume Nick gets the chance but not sure), but there's just no reason Nick shouldn't win that match. damn shame.

Reactions: LB4097

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
I watched Nick’s match. He was in control at 10-4 with momentum. Gomez looked a little gassed. Then Gomez pulls a Mexican Soccer move and goes down with an “injury”. Comes back, no limp and fresh lungs. Lee loses focus and Gomez steamrolls him. He looked like the Nick Lee that would lose some headscratchers in college, not the one that won 2 Nattys. I’ve never seen him look gassed like that. I wonder if he has what was going around the room or maybe he was feeling some lingering effects from it.

On another note, I thought if a wrestler took time for an injury while on bottom, they restarted at par terre??? After Gomez’s injury they started neutral.

Reactions: LB4097 and cb1994

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Am i reading it right that RBY is at 57 kg which is about 125 pounds? If so curious what it has been like for him cutting weight? He obviously wrestled at PSU at 133. Anyone read anything about RBY-who was so fun to watch wrestle at PSU-clearly one of my all time favorites?

Probably the best answer you're going to get about your question about his cutting weight:

Latest posts