2024 Phillies Thread

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Always great to see the Phils roll. But to be a buzzkill, I did notice they are 1-2 against teams which are currently over .500 and that was the season opening series against the Braves. Hard to believe every opponent since now has a losing record. The next opponent which currently has a winning record will be Texas on May 21. I know better teams will appear on the schedule throughout the summer but it's weird how the schedule draw has been thus far. Things will change in July when the schedule loaded with playoff contenders. In the meantime, make hay while the sun shines.

Last edited:

BrianS

Oct 31, 2021
Always great to see the Phils roll. But to be a buzzkill, I did notice they are 1-2 against teams which are currently over .500 and that was the season opening series against the Braves. Hard to believe every opponent since now has a losing record. The next opponent which currently has a winning record will be Texas on May 21. I know better teams will appear on the schedule throughout the summer but it's weird how the schedule draw has been thus far. Things will change in July when the schedule loaded with playoff contenders. In the meantime, make hay while the sun shines.
The Cincinnati Reds JUST went under .500 last night! The Padres are currently at .500. Granted, the White Sox, Rockies, and Angels are the bottom 3 teams in baseball right now, but, it's still early in the year. Don't let the current records of all MLB teams blur the picture.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Colt2169

Dec 13, 2021

They seem to be doing “just enough” a lot lately (Dave for the other night)

Good News they are winning

Bad News is they still have a lot of guys struggling at the plate almost embracing levels of averages and strikeouts

Best news - if if those guys pick it up even a little they may still do “just enough” to keep winning

Latest posts