2024 Phillies Thread

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Less than ideal: Harper is now out today with a migraine. Bummer.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Beleive it was four when all was said and done but regardless, heck of an effort and a needed one.
Phil Hartman Yes GIF

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021

Phillies are playing out of their minds. However, checked the MLB site which showed their record is 1-2 against teams with a greater than .500 record. That would be the opening 3 games of the season at home against the Braves. Deserve credit for beating the teams they should but it’s still only May 15th so still a long way to go.

Reactions: LionJim

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Phillies are playing out of their minds. However, checked the MLB site which showed their record is 1-2 against teams with a greater than .500 record. That would be the opening 3 games of the season at home against the Braves. Deserve credit for beating the teams they should but it’s still only May 15th so still a long way to go.
The Phillies started 8-8 before going gang busters. 22-5 since is quite a stretch.

I wouldn’t beat them up too bad on the teams above .500 stat until there’s a better data point than 3 games.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Normally a slow starting team, this start has many excited to see what this season brings. Especially since the Phillies hitters usually don't start really hitting until the weather warms up. If that happens look out this team will be very tough to beat. It's nice to have a GM who actually knows what he is doing.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
I agree, still long way to go in a long season but it is good to see that they are beating the teams that they should beat. However, they are fun to watch and enjoying the ride!! (Life long Philly sports fan so I never get my hopes up. :cool: )

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2021
To some extent these teams are below .500 because they lost all these games to the Phillies.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
I don't put Ranger in the same echelon as those listed below. But, he's certainly in a groove.

I was just saying to someone yesterday that Ranger reminds me of Lee. I really thought of that after Ranger’s latest nonchalant fielding play as it brought back memories of Lee fielding that pop up in the Series against the Yankees. Then I started thinking of their mound similarities. Both have the ability to make hitters have the most comfortable 0-4 night. Every pitch that Lee would deliver was with purpose and precision. I see it with Ranger as well. It’s almost surgical. Neither had overpowering fastballs but their arsenal of pitches constantly keeps hitters off balance. I think you see or saw a lot of guys shaking their heads walking back to the dugout after facing Lee and Ranger.

Ranger is making himself a ton of money. Let’s just hope it is with the Phillies.