2024 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Mufasa94

Oct 12, 2021
Pirates are a dumpster fire. Walked 4 straight runs home. completely blowing Skenes debut.
Just read the recap, guess they made it up to 6 walked in runs, and somehow that wasn’t a record. Amazing.

They came back to win, but I accepted the season for what it will be a few weeks ago.

Countrylion

Oct 30, 2021
Pirates are a dumpster fire. Walked 4 straight runs home. completely blowing Skenes debut.
Well other than not being able to hit, relief pitch, run the bases and field the ball they are doing great. The only bright spot has been starting pitching. Long overdue for Sheltonand his staff to be shown the door.

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
Just read the recap, guess they made it up to 6 walked in runs, and somehow that wasn’t a record. Amazing.
I went to read the recap, too, as I couldn’t believe what you typed. Jesus!

Perhaps fittingly, that is a little league-ish stat.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Well other than not being able to hit, relief pitch, run the bases and field the ball they are doing great. The only bright spot has been starting pitching. Long overdue for Sheltonand his staff to be shown the door.
Never seems to matter who's GM, manager, coaches, etc. They're generally horrible. Face it, just a joke of a franchise.

Reactions: fairgambit

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Let’s get back to celebrating the Pirates! Raise it, another quality effort by the team. Looking at .500 by the end of the short Detroit series this week.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Let’s get back to celebrating the Pirates! Raise it, another quality effort by the team. Looking at .500 by the end of the short Detroit series this week.
I wish I could share your optimism, but I see them losing the next 2 to the Braves, a much better team. Either that or they will take the next 2 and then lose 2 to Detroit. I'm hope I'm wrong.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
I wish I could share your optimism, but I see them losing the next 2 to the Braves, a much better team. Either that or they will take the next 2 and then lose 2 to Detroit. I'm hope I'm wrong.
After the Braves scored five to make it 11-5, I wasn't ruling out another blown lead last night. This bullpen is plain terrible.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
He wasn't at his best, but good enough. One of the amazing things tonight was 36 year old Chapman hitting 104mph several times.
It was impressive but I’m never confident when he enters the game. The bullpen looks to be the weak spot of this team. Hopefully, they have something in mind at the trade deadline.

Reactions: Nits74

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
It was impressive but I’m never confident when he enters the game. The bullpen looks to be the weak spot of this team. Hopefully, they have something in mind at the trade deadline.
Some games they look great, others, they have their challenges. We now known Grandal can catch a 104 MPH fastball thrown out of the strike zone. I wonder how many other catchers can as well?

I Would still be looking first for batting production as the trade deadline approaches.

Reactions: Nits74 and LB99

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Trouble with this team is it just can't seem to gain any real momentum.
They are frustrating to follow, but with nearly 40% of the season gone they are only a game and a half out of a wild card spot. Still, I won't hold my breath.