2024 PSU Men's Baseball Thread

JakkL

Oct 12, 2021
Seems like this team couldve really use Wagner from Red Land this season instead of next. I basically just follow the scores and it seems like psu needs much more pitching.

Duff72

Sep 15, 2022
I have followed the trials and tribulations of the team. Anyone who has recognizes that the PSU pitching staff and spotty defense has been the teams achilles heal.
Managing around the teams pitching short comings is certainly no easy task.
Left scratching and shaking my head over the Coach Gambino decision to remove Jayden Henline prior to the 8th inning today.

Henline, perhaps pitching the best game of his PSU career had gone 7 superlative innings, giving up just 3 hits on 93 pitches, leading 1-0.
That is a stat line of rare proportions for anyone on the PSU staff. Regardless, Henline is pulled and Sanchez enters. After only one out PSU
is behind 5-1 in what became a 7 run Rutgers inning. The previous 7 innings with only three hits and no runs, suddenly became 1/3 of an inning while giving up 6 of the 7 inning runs.
Baring Henline wanting to exit the game, just tell the young man to finish strong.
Game over and any slim but still realistic chance of making post season went with it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Latest posts