2024 USA Olympic Trials Thread

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I say it again, Kyle Dake is great. He just is not fun to watch and I don’t enjoy his style of wrestling. That’s all.
I agree 100%. Hes not exciting, but it’s hard to argue with his results.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Nolf would tech fall if Dake would wrestle. He just uses technical methods against a guy like Nolf who scores points. I will be rooting for Kyle anyway because he’s NLWC and USA rep…..Just feel bad for Jason because when Dake opens up Nolf win’s bad.

coastfan

Oct 26, 2021
I love Greco hand fighting but just wish there was a little more action
If you like Greco, you’ll like these highlights of Alexander Karelin. Believe he wrestled an eight year stretch where his opponents didn’t score a single point. His gut wrench was his signature move. Amazingly Rulon Gardner finally defeated him for Olympic Gold.

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Individual sports are so crazy because there is nowhere to hide from the up and comer.

Jim from Spicewood

Oct 12, 2021
What a bittersweet moment. DT was a key ingredient in beginning the PSU dynasty and the emergence of the NLWC as the heart of USA wrestling. Brooks is eclipsing DT's place in the dynasty. Bring home the gold, Aaron. Make David proud.

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
It is the nature of the sport, the standard bearers of USA wrestling are starting to be unseated and it is tough to watch because they are the people I have associated with this sport for a long time but I am excited for Paris and the coming years.

Reactions: Jim from Spicewood

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Remember Hawkeye fans claiming (hoping) that Penn State would come ”down back to Earth” once Ruth and Taylor graduated. Things turned out much differently than they hoped.
It started with wait till DT and Ruth are gone, then when Zain was done, then Nolf and Nickal, and then the next wave and the next wave

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I was at Cael first dual as HC and David's first dual, this one hit me hard
Well let’s put things in perspective. Gilman and DT both have Wife’s and young Children. Spencer and Aaron Brooks are solely focused on Wrestling only. That’s the difference. We’re all gonna cheer for Spencer to qualify the weight next month and Dake to win Gold for the United States. In addition DT has a farm and the best wrestling club in the world for youngsters at M2. That’s just a little perspective we need to understand. We will all be cheering for the guys who won so we prove to the World the United States is the Best team on the earth. DT will be Brooks training partner and Jason will be Dakes training partner in Tokyo Japan for a Gold medal. Lee will also be Zains partner. These guys are best friends for life.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
This is exactly why we need 10 weight classes. Elite wrestlers are going to be left behind that could very well win medals and score points for their country.

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Well let’s put things in perspective. Gilman and DT both have Wife’s and young Children. Spencer and Aaron Brooks are solely focused on Wrestling only. That’s the difference. We’re all gonna cheer for Spencer to qualify the weight next month and Dake to win Gold for the United States. In addition DT has a farm and the best wrestling club in the world for youngsters at M2. That’s just a little perspective we need to understand. We will all be cheering for the guys who won so we prove to the World the United States is the Best team on the earth. DT will be Brooks training partner and Jason will be Dakes training partner in Tokyo Japan for a Gold medal. Lee will also be Zains partner. These guys are best friends for life.
You type a lot for life moves on and people get older and the friends for life means little to me

Lions1

Nov 1, 2021
I believe DT chose AB to be his training partner for the Tokyo Olympics.
I wonder who AB will select to travel and be his training partner in Paris.
Maybe on our incoming freshmen Connor M.? Just a wild guess. In honesty he appeared to challenge AB considerably more than DT.

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
Remember Hawkeye fans claiming (hoping) that Penn State would come ”down back to Earth” once Ruth and Taylor graduated. Things turned out much differently than they hoped.
Mel Brooks Falling GIF