2024 USA Olympic Trials Thread

NoSoup4U

Oct 14, 2021
yeah, that was not good on their part. So much split-screen coverage before that. I was expecting them to go split-screen, and by the time I opened NBC.com for Mat 1, and waited through the commercial, Kerk's match was over.
if you have multiple devices-- didnt have much of an issue

just had to select which mat on either NBC or Peacock and air cast them to the big screen

screnshotstream.jpeg

baeme.jpg

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
Zain over Nick 2-1. Zain scored on a step out and a shot clock violation. Nick scored on a shot clock violation. Very even match as you would expect. Blood time for both guys due to knocking heads.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Lee and Retherford up now. Mat 2
Yes. Spencer beat Gilman. Gilman is great but keep in mind what he said. He has 2 daughters and a family now. Spencer is just focused on wrestling Only. Spencer could very well win a Gold Medal for the USA….Still hoping Gilman can win match 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Tough to watch one PSU / NLWC guy beat another but it does sure highlight the fact State College is the center of the wrestling universe!
I have to think that for younger aspiring wrestlers, they have to see that as proof that PSU/NLWC is the best training facility in the US right now.

Reactions: 31blmr and Lions1

Lions1

Nov 1, 2021
Yes. Spencer beat Gilman. Gilman is great but keep in mind what he said. He has 2 daughters and a family now. Spencer is just focused on wrestling Only.
Spencer is doing this on repaired knees.
Gilman is an elbow from winning that match on criteria. I thought he landed Spencer to his back as did the ref. Match 2 will be exciting. Go Gilman!!

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Three of 6 weight class finals will be NLWC vs. NLWC. Only 125 Kg won’t have someone from NLWC in the finals. No doubt where the center of the wrestling universe is in the USA.
Strongly agree and they say it on TV as well. If you want to be a National Champion and World Champ you come to Penn State. Cael and staff are simply incredible almost beyond words.

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
Looks like championship matches are all running on mat 2. I didn’t see anything announcing this, but that’s what the commentators are calling on the quad screen for the most part and where each of the 4 finals I’ve watched have been wrestled.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Spencer is doing this on repaired knees.
Gilman is an elbow from winning that match on criteria. I thought he landed Spencer to his back as did the ref. Match 2 will be exciting. Go Gilman!!
Yea is their a replay of that ?

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
Lilledahl and Blaze now on Mat 3

Blaze wins 5-1 on a shot clock point and takedown to leg lace for 4 more. Luke gets his point from a shot clock violation. It was a very even match with lots of hand fighting. Luke just couldn’t get past Blaze’s defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spice67

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
The bigger issue for Gilman was wrestling right off the scale in the morning's second match. Gilman should look stronger in match two

Reactions: LB99

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
The bigger issue for Gilman was wrestling right off the scale in the morning's second match. Gilman should look stronger in match two
Exactly. If he can win the next match look out this evening. The weight cut and quick to the mat hurts him.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Luke is a big 125. Hope we are recruiting Blaze too. Don’t know if Luke can make 125 and be full strength. I’d go after Blaze hard. Don’t know if Cael and staff are recruiting him

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Lilledahl and Blaze now on Mat 3

Blaze wins 5-1 on a shot clock point and takedown to leg lace for 4 more. Luke gets his point from a shot clock violation. It was a very even match with lots of hand fighting. Luke just couldn’t get past Blaze’s defense.
Yes. We definitely need to go after Blaze. He’s still uncommitted. I’m sure he sees how strong our program is right now. It’s only getting better

Lions1

Nov 1, 2021
Yea is their a replay of that ?
Unfortunately Paramount is not showing replays of judges review unlike USA network which did last night. The ref called the Gilman move 4 points and side judge called it 2 points. It went to review - no replay by Paramount. They came back and said Spencer’s elbow hit before landing on his back. Go Gilman!

Reactions: Spice67

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Sparks still kissing Burroughs butt even though Burroughs isn’t wrestling right now.

• Haha
Reactions: PSJimbo

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
Why in hell was Nolf put on the clock when he was being more aggressive? Again, I do not understand or like the freestyle rules/rulings.
There is some concept of being put on the clock because you haven’t actually scored. Which is odd, but is what it is.

Latest posts