2024 USA Olympic Trials Thread

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
A nothing burger. It happened 9 months ago at U23 worlds… he still qualified for USOT by winning NCAAs. Are you saying he shouldn’t have been allowed to wrestle in the trials?

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
AB speaks about the situation in a snippet from the Baschamania interview that I posted in its own thread:

Tom,
Just curious because I’m wondering and a couple people have ask me about Brooks. I know it’s a very tiny issue but the Olympic board does not seem to like the USA. So is AB going to be alright ? In addition other countries would love us to only have 5 wrestlers. Would be insane if Brooks couldn’t wrestle.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Tom,
Just curious because I’m wondering and a couple people have ask me about Brooks. I know it’s a very tiny issue but the Olympic board does not seem to like the USA. So is AB going to be alright ? In addition other countries would love us to only have 5 wrestlers. Would be insane if Brooks couldn’t wrestle.
We wouldn't only have 5. Weight is already qualified. It would be next man up, which is Taylor. Then 3rd place at trials.

Reactions: Spice67