2025 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,559
69,200
113
Ian Raoport reporting that the reason Nolan Smith is going on the IR is that he tweaked his tricep -- the same one he had surgery on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,520
22,701
113
I didnt see him come out of the game, so they just found this? what a shame
A reminder for the board: NFL players have very high pain thresholds.

There was this poster on the old board, way back, before I outed myself, PittsburghLion. He was one of those guys who would rattle your cage, not my favorite poster. Anyway, he once said something that I’ve remembered for 20 years: “Every player wants to play and wants to win.” Simple and profound.
 

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
whistling past the grave yard.....

there was a reason the Eagles traded him for the worse player in the NFL, who they just released
The ESPN article portrays him as selfish and refusing to own up to a few big mistakes that cost them games.

Of

That’s a big blow, but better than losing him for the year. Was it his triceps that he tore in the Super Bowl? The same one?

If so, then they are right to baby this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: s1uggo72

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
They’ll get things on track at some point. The key is doing is while continuing to win.

Fans are justified in being frustrated. This offense is crazy-talented. I watched Didinger on WIP today. The group speculated that guard play on the OL isn’t what it was during the stretch last season.

Dickerson is playing through back and knee injuries. Steen is a first time starter who also left Sunday’s game. Lane is working through shoulder and neck issues.

I think that theory makes sense. And I also think Patullo has work to do schematically. The team is so talented that I think they let the schemes become vanilla, counting on talent to execute better. With OL play tailing off some, schemes become important.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position
  2. 02 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin
  3. 03 BWI Football Top Tuesday takeaways from Penn State offensive coordinator Taylor Mouser: On 3rd and long runs, red zone issues, more
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State head coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: Northwestern
  5. 05 BWI Football Live updates: Matt Campbell weekly press conference