2025 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,543
69,184
113
This is focused on offense, and the biggest questions by position. I think Zangaro got it right at QB, WR, IOL, and OT. He may have gotten it right at TE, though I think the bigger question is if any of the backups can become a starter, especially since they don't seem to see Grant Calcaterra as more than a TE2. At RB, perhaps Zangaro got it right, though I don't have a lot of doubts about Saquon. I think the bigger question is at RB2. Gainwell did a nice job in that role for several years. A.J. Dillon was signed to be RB2, and could be good in that role if he's healthy. Will Shipley was drafted to be a potential RB2. He may become that, though his body of work (30 runs last season as a rookie) indicates potential, but not certainty that he can be RB2.

 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,337
5,918
113
talking about Jake I thought this may be the case, and I believe I said as much at one point during the season.

Turns out there was maybe a good reason why he (Jake) struggled. According to Beau Allen on Chris Long's Green Light podcast, Elliott was hampered by an injury during the season.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern notes: Wildcats to be without a starting offensive lineman; what does David Braun think of the Lions?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September
  3. 03 BWI Football Leaving outcome to chance, Penn State's complementary football fails
  4. 04 BWI Football Wisconsin took away Penn State's best throw and stopped the run with one tweak: Film Review
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?