Some great comments from Roob on this week's Observations:
Consider the source, but interesting none the less.
I'm more surprised at Herbert and Mayfield. Stroud lost offensive weapons and had a sophomore slump. Not saying he's better then Hurts, but I'm giving him a bit of a pass on last season. Could definitely see (hope) some regression from Daniels this year.SMH Jaylen Daniel’s at 6?? CJ Stroud ahead of him? Right now CJ can’t throw a football?? I m afraid ( or hope) Daniel’s flies too close to the sun this year
You know CJ has not thrown a football this spring? Something ain’t rightI'm more surprised at Herbert and Mayfield. Stroud lost offensive weapons and had a sophomore slump. Not saying he's better then Hurts, but I'm giving him a bit of a pass on last season. Could definitely see (hope) some regression from Daniels this year.
I'm not pissed at the rankings. Keep that chip on Hurt's shoulder.
Oh, you were being literal. I didn't know that. Wonder what's up.You know CJ has not thrown a football this spring? Something ain’t right
Yup for some reason people love to hate JH. I haven’t figured that outOh, you were being literal. I didn't know that. Wonder what's up.
I should have mentioned in my last post that those QB ranking are silly. But like TMac said, consider the source.
Cause people are stupidYup for some reason people love to hate JH. I haven’t figured that out
Daniels had the same season Hurts had in 2022. Yet because he was the #2 pick, he gets way more credit than Hurts did.I'm more surprised at Herbert and Mayfield. Stroud lost offensive weapons and had a sophomore slump. Not saying he's better then Hurts, but I'm giving him a bit of a pass on last season. Could definitely see (hope) some regression from Daniels this year.
I'm not pissed at the rankings. Keep that chip on Hurt's shoulder.
I would guess they are also docking him for having incredible talent around him which is foolish to me. If the eagles defense held up in previous Super Bowl he would have 2 mvps.Daniels had the same season Hurts had in 2022. Yet because he was the #2 pick, he gets way more credit than Hurts did.
Same situation with Stroud. These blowhard talking heads love draft pedigree. Simms was an average QB and he’s an average, nepo-baby talking head.
I never hang the previous Super Bowl loss on the D. It was the punt return that killed themI would guess they are also docking him for having incredible talent around him which is foolish to me. If the eagles defense held up in previous Super Bowl he would have 2 mvps.
from the PII would guess they are also docking him for having incredible talent around him which is foolish to me. If the eagles defense held up in previous Super Bowl he would have 2 mvps.
Agree and poorly written by me. I'm not a believer in placing blame in one area and that wasn't my intent.I never hang the previous Super Bowl loss on the D. It was the punt return that killed them
hey no worries, I love talking Birds football. that said, I think nationally they are disrespected by many, heck again this year somebody has the Commadores winning the East!! SMH We hung 55 on them in the big game (but if you take away 4-5 of those fumbles brand new ball game, right?)Agree and poorly written by me. I'm not a believer in placing blame in one area and that wasn't my intent.
I should have said something more like, how do you rate a guy at 10 who was this close to having 2 super bowl MVPs?
BWI Football
Penn State-Northwestern notes: Wildcats to be without a starting offensive lineman; what does David Braun think of the Lions?
BWI Recruiting
High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September
BWI Football
Leaving outcome to chance, Penn State's complementary football fails
BWI Football
Wisconsin took away Penn State's best throw and stopped the run with one tweak: Film Review
BWI Football
Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?