2025 Phillies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTailgate

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2021
992
1,834
93

This is preposterous to have a list and not include Alec Bohm. Bohm’s injury was the story that was not focused on enough last year. Instead the immaturity took center stage. He is noticeably stronger this spring and every AB has stood out. He has smoked everything and it’s all right center field. He hit a bomb into the Tiki Bar after getting pushed off the plate a couple of days ago but every Phillies hitter should watch his approach. The best Phillies move they made was not trading him.

Kepler is interesting. He’s got that beautiful left hander swing. He looks like a wonderful hitter until you look at the back of his baseball card. He’s .237 career I believe which seems impossible when you watch him hit. I still think it’s an upgrade but I have no clue what he delivers this year.

The big story for the rest of the spring is Strahm. They desperately need to have two from each side to start the season. At this point, I don’t see him healthy on opening day. I just hope it’s not long term.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Relayer and Bwifan

Bwifan

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
2,894
5,105
113
This is preposterous to have a list and not include Alec Bohm. Boom’s injury was the story that was not focused on enough last year. Instead the immaturity took center stage. He is noticeably stronger this spring and every AB has stood out. He has smoked everything and it’s all right center field. He hit a bomb into the Tiki Bar after getting pushed off the plate a couple of days ago but every Phillies hitter should watch his approach. The best Phillies move they made was not trading him.

Kepler is interesting. He’s got that beautiful left hander swing. He looks like a wonderful hitter until you look at the back of his baseball card. He’s .237 career I believe which seems impossible when you watch him hit. I still think it’s an upgrade but I have no clue what he delivers this year.

The big story for the rest of the spring is Strahm. They desperately need to have two from each side to start the season. At this point, I don’t see him healthy on opening day. I just hope it’s not long term.
Have you seen Painter throw at all on the side? If so how has he looked?
 

MrTailgate

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2021
992
1,834
93
Have you seen Painter throw at all on the side? If so how has he looked?
He has attracted a ton of eyeballs whenever he throws. Thomson and Dombrowski immediately turn their attention to his sessions. The ball is coming out of his hand free and easy. He’s being managed carefully. I dont know what velocity he is throwing at but I imagine it’s mid 90’s without being uncomfortable. I had heard that he has added a variation of his slider and someone commented that he doesn’t need any more help.

He‘s two years older than when he first appeared down here. I often heard of “mound demeanor”; not so much anymore. Painter carries himself beyond his years. Pitchers can be fragile, some get after it. It always drove me crazy when people assumed Cole was soft. That was so far off the mark.

Only injuries prevent this kid from being a top of the rotation anchor. He will be so lucky to watch and learn from Zach.
 

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
41,225
194,093
113
 

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
41,225
194,093
113
NLCS Game 4. 2009, I believe? (Correct me if I’m wrong). Games like this are what made me love this team.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football What TV channel will Penn State-Michigan be on? The pick is in for the Week 7 matchup
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State confronts talent gap problem, Lions' identity described in an ugly way, and more of what they're saying
  3. 03 BWI Football 8 things I think after Penn State falls to USC 31-23: On Matt Campbell's game day struggles, a disappointment, and more
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Sunday situation: The Lions don't lack an identity; it's the same as their record: Mediocre, and teetering on worse
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State report card: Grading the Lions after their 31-23 loss to USC