Wish this was on MLB TV today. I wanna see Abel pitch.
Have you seen Painter throw at all on the side? If so how has he looked?This is preposterous to have a list and not include Alec Bohm. Boom’s injury was the story that was not focused on enough last year. Instead the immaturity took center stage. He is noticeably stronger this spring and every AB has stood out. He has smoked everything and it’s all right center field. He hit a bomb into the Tiki Bar after getting pushed off the plate a couple of days ago but every Phillies hitter should watch his approach. The best Phillies move they made was not trading him.
Kepler is interesting. He’s got that beautiful left hander swing. He looks like a wonderful hitter until you look at the back of his baseball card. He’s .237 career I believe which seems impossible when you watch him hit. I still think it’s an upgrade but I have no clue what he delivers this year.
The big story for the rest of the spring is Strahm. They desperately need to have two from each side to start the season. At this point, I don’t see him healthy on opening day. I just hope it’s not long term.
He has attracted a ton of eyeballs whenever he throws. Thomson and Dombrowski immediately turn their attention to his sessions. The ball is coming out of his hand free and easy. He’s being managed carefully. I dont know what velocity he is throwing at but I imagine it’s mid 90’s without being uncomfortable. I had heard that he has added a variation of his slider and someone commented that he doesn’t need any more help.Have you seen Painter throw at all on the side? If so how has he looked?
BWI Football
First Impressions of Penn State's 31-23 loss to USC
BWI
Penn State vs. USC Film Review: Lions trying to fix holes, can't exploit weaknesses
BWI Football
Latest loss exposes Penn State's difficult reality: Improvement isn't enough
BWI Football
How did Penn State's players perform vs. USC? PFF Snap Counts & Grades
BWI
Penn State’s Loss to USC: What We Know From the Live Analysis