2025 PSU MVB Thread

Roar More

All-Conference
Oct 30, 2021
873
2,372
93
Gotta ask, what the hell happened to the men's volleyball team? I know they can't be top five every year, but this one heck of a fall. 5-13, ranked #19, but that is only because there are only 28 Division 1 men volleyball teams.
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,286
69,390
113
Gotta ask, what the hell happened to the men's volleyball team? I know they can't be top five every year, but this one heck of a fall. 5-13, ranked #19, but that is only because there are only 28 Division 1 men volleyball teams.

I don't follow really closely, so I hesitate to provide a response. But with that caveat, here's my quick take:

- last year's team was loaded, with a few of the elite guys using COVID years to add an additional year (I think they had 5 guys that used their last year of eligibility last season)
- the team ended the regular season ranked #8, and after the EIVA Tournament (which they won), they were ranked #5
- alas, they fell in the opening round (the quarterfinals) of NCAAs, to #4 seed UC Irvine
- this season's team is the opposite in terms of experience (with last year's being season laden). There is only one senior on the team -- Will Kuhns
- this season's team has some nice players -- just need a little more experience. I question whether the best players will be as good as the top players on last year's team, but only time will tell
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-USC predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 6 clash?
  2. 02 BWI Football How to watch Penn State-USC; pregame info, weather, spread, start time, more: Gameday Central
  3. 03 BWI Football Friday Penn State-USC availability reports: Did the Lions or Trojans share good injury news 23.5 hours before kickoff?
  4. 04 BWI Recruiting Inside Lasch: Everything Penn State fans need to know ahead of biggest recruiting weekend of Matt Campbell era
  5. 05 BWI Football Projecting Penn State's offensive depth chart vs. USC