2025 PSU MVB Thread

Roar More

All-Conference
Oct 30, 2021
874
2,374
93
Gotta ask, what the hell happened to the men's volleyball team? I know they can't be top five every year, but this one heck of a fall. 5-13, ranked #19, but that is only because there are only 28 Division 1 men volleyball teams.
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,404
69,439
113
Gotta ask, what the hell happened to the men's volleyball team? I know they can't be top five every year, but this one heck of a fall. 5-13, ranked #19, but that is only because there are only 28 Division 1 men volleyball teams.

I don't follow really closely, so I hesitate to provide a response. But with that caveat, here's my quick take:

- last year's team was loaded, with a few of the elite guys using COVID years to add an additional year (I think they had 5 guys that used their last year of eligibility last season)
- the team ended the regular season ranked #8, and after the EIVA Tournament (which they won), they were ranked #5
- alas, they fell in the opening round (the quarterfinals) of NCAAs, to #4 seed UC Irvine
- this season's team is the opposite in terms of experience (with last year's being season laden). There is only one senior on the team -- Will Kuhns
- this season's team has some nice players -- just need a little more experience. I question whether the best players will be as good as the top players on last year's team, but only time will tell
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football 8 things I think after Penn State falls to USC 31-23: On Matt Campbell's game day struggles, a disappointment, and more
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State Sunday situation: The Lions don't lack an identity; it's the same as their record: Mediocre, and teetering on worse
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State report card: Grading the Lions after their 31-23 loss to USC
  4. 04 BWI Football Everything Matt Campbell said after Penn State's third-straight loss
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State's latest loss underscores gap between progress and results