2027 Recruiting

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
Ojo is officially visiting Dook this weekend.
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB
 
  • Angry
Reactions: Jriv23

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
#28 ranked 5-6 PG Jordan Speller at Monteverde Academy had previously reports a UNC offer but I missed it. She should have been on the 2027 offer list. She committed to UCF today.
 

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
#25 ranked Madi Mignery committed to home state UofF. She at one time had an official visit planned for UNC to occur in late Aug, but not sure that ever happened? Her final 3 were Stan, LSU and UofF

 

23UNC

Senior
Jul 23, 2025
248
739
93
Remove Brookeslee Colvin from the board.

She committed to Indiana. She chose the Hoosiers over programs including Michigan, UNC and Cal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3397char

Jriv23

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
2,485
2,559
113
Taylor Brown and Ryan Carter are close friends. I think we are the only school who will get OVs for both of them
I did not know this fact. It would be funny if we can land both of them. I hope they are thinking what I am thinking. It would be nice to play college ball together with your close friend.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tarboy

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
Ryan Carter OV to UNC starts tomorrow:



This post does not explicitly say these are here top 5 (so there may be others) but she has it on her own Insta; i will take it as her top 5:



She has already OV'd to aTm, Indiana and ND in the past, not sure about dook.
 
Last edited:

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
original post in this thread updated again, let me know if you see any mistakes or updates. also, in general, if you have suggestions for improvement on how I am choosing to present this, please speak up!
 
  • Like
Reactions: tarboy

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
Give me her, Ryan, and Ivanna ASAP!!
It would be impossible to turn down any of these three but that is three additional 6-0 to 6-2 women, two more than we currently have room for, and I would really love to get a Center.

Then again, we do not have any top Centers left on our board, so maybe that can only be addressed in the portal. that would give us the season to see how Thomas, Bofia, etc.. have developed.
 

Jriv23

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
2,485
2,559
113
Truly believe that Bofia will develop into a serviceable center with some experience, the verdict is still out on Thomas, her desire and work ethics needs to improve.
I agree but it appears looking a film that BT has trimmed down tremendously and that she appears to be in way much better shape this year than last year. I hope I am right and I would love to see big things from her and NB.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tarboy

DSKiBB8

Redshirt
Jul 31, 2025
18
42
12
It would be impossible to turn down any of these three but that is three additional 6-0 to 6-2 women, two more than we currently have room for, and I would really love to get a Center.

Then again, we do not have any top Centers left on our board, so maybe that can only be addressed in the portal. that would give us the season to see how Thomas, Bofia, etc.. have developed.
I had that idea in my head as I was writing that lol. I feel we’ll do pretty well in the portal. I’m confident we could land a big. Especially with all the talent we’d have after that recruiting haul!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3397char

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
I had that idea in my head as I was writing that lol. I feel we’ll do pretty well in the portal. I’m confident we could land a big. Especially with all the talent we’d have after that recruiting haul!
True bigs are historically hard to land in the portal: small talent pool equals high prices.

We missed the top big portal targets the last few years and have "settled" for three undersized (but high quality and efficient) tweener post players: Gakdeng, Harris and Achol.

To be clear, I have zero complaints with any of these Tar Heels. Just pointing out that the 6-5+ top-tier big may be a tough get.
 

Jriv23

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
2,485
2,559
113
Man, I hope this will be the year that we can beat Dawn Staley out for a top recruit. Every time we go after a recruit with her, she has been winning lately. We will have to wait and see on Saturday. Go Heels!
 

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,816
7,995
113
UNC beats UofSC for a recruit most years. Some players who chose UNC over UofSC

2025: Kate Harpring (offered, and visited)
2024: Taliya Henderson (finalist)
2024: Blanca Thomas (finalist)
2023: Ciera Toomey (offer)
2022: we had only one recruit that year (Paulina Paris)
2021: Teonni Key (finalist)

Of course, UofSC beats us more often than not, and generally they are clearly on the top tier recruiting level, while we are 2nd tier (still great).
 

Jriv23

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
2,485
2,559
113
94 Feet WBB on X has a Dawn celebrating gif. REALLY hope it’s another player committing
UNC beats UofSC for a recruit most years. Some players who chose UNC over UofSC

2025: Kate Harpring (offered, and visited)
2024: Taliya Henderson (finalist)
2024: Blanca Thomas (finalist)
2023: Ciera Toomey (offer)
2022: we had only one recruit that year (Paulina Paris)
2021: Teonni Key (finalist)

Of course, UofSC beats us more often than not, and generally they are clearly on the top tier recruiting level, while we are 2nd tier (still great).
Dawn did not recruit some of these players heavily and we all know that. If you go back and look at last year. SC got three top 15 players, and we only got one in the top 15 which was Kate. They got the 3, 6, and 19 players. She did not go all out for Kate IMO which I am glad she did not. In 2024, she got the number 3, 14, and 28 players in the country which were all ahead of Blanca; therefore, she did not pursue BT heavily because she got Joyce Edwards and we know how good Joyce Edwards it. Like I said there was no need to pursue BT after those three players committed to SC. They beat us out for Ashia Wilson too. So let me re-phrase what I was saying to help you better understand. When it comes to a top 10 player that is highly ranked. Dawn has better CB just about every time with the exception of Kate and Key. The rest of the players that you mentioned, we know Dawn backed off because she had gotten what she needed. I hope we can land Taylor Brown tomorrow, but it is going to be tough.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tarboy and 3397char

Jriv23

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
2,485
2,559
113
My last point will focus on Tennessee. I am very surprised that a lot of recruits are still considering Tennessee when they had a lot of players to bolt out last year and some of their top recruits out of the last year's class switched schools as well. With all of that going on, I just do not see why this year's recruits would consider going there when it is clearly evident that something is wrong with the coaching staff there; especially when almost the entire team left after the season last year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tarboy and 3397char
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Football Greg's Storylines as No. 3 Notre Dame Comes to Chapel Hill
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Football Jason's Keys for Carolina Against Notre Dame: Win With Defense
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Football Recruiting Recruit Weekend Visit Preview: UNC-Notre Dame -- Updated
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Basketball Terrence Brown Looking to Showcase Complete Skill Set at UNC
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football Recruiting Meet UNC's Under-the-Radar Commitment: Long Snapper John Stanley