Football 4A 2 weeks in

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,489
2,588
113
East top teams look to be Reidsville, Eastern Wayne. West Craven. SW Edgecombe, and East Duplin. May have miss someone but think the east will come out of those.
Ehhh. I'd pump the brakes on SW Edgecombe at the moment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Oldway44

Otis1144

All-American
Jan 30, 2003
43,061
6,134
113
Plz let this happen
No we need to keep Reidsville in the East. Best case scenario is have a great year and get home field advantage. Take care of business at home. Do that and the next week will take care of itself. We didn’t get it done last year. Our OOC schedule doomed us. Hopefully Havelock will have a great season and their RPI will help us. Wilson prep should go to the State Championship again. We have to beat New Bern tonight but after this week I hope they win out. If we do lose tonight maybe it will turn out in the end to not be a bad loss. But I fully expect to win if our kids will play the game and not get caught up in the smoke and mirror show of personal fouls. Season is already going by way to quick.
 

MoDean

Sophomore
Sep 7, 2018
313
148
43
No we need to keep Reidsville in the East. Best case scenario is have a great year and get home field advantage. Take care of business at home. Do that and the next week will take care of itself. We didn’t get it done last year. Our OOC schedule doomed us. Hopefully Havelock will have a great season and their RPI will help us. Wilson prep should go to the State Championship again. We have to beat New Bern tonight but after this week I hope they win out. If we do lose tonight maybe it will turn out in the end to not be a bad loss. But I fully expect to win if our kids will play the game and not get caught up in the smoke and mirror show of personal fouls. Season is already going by way to quick.
So, you had rather play Reidsville in the eastern finals versus the state championship game? Make that make sense.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ncfootball_17

Otis1144

All-American
Jan 30, 2003
43,061
6,134
113
So, you had rather play Reidsville in the eastern finals versus the state championship game? Make that make sense.
I would. Take last year for instance. We lost to Reidsville in the Eastern final on a field goal. We had them stopped and then had a kid jump offsides and give Reidsville a fresh set of downs and they got a little closer to make the kick. The game was that close. The following week I go to the State Championship game and watch Reidsville rout Brevard. So I stand on what I said and it does make sense. That home field advantage can be huge at times. It helped Reidsville last year. I do believe that. Years ago Reidsville came to Vanceboro and beat us. So it’s certainly not a given. They are a great program. It would be better odds having them at home than having to play them out West in a not so neutral environment.
 
Nov 15, 2014
572
887
93
5 weeks in, I Think West Iredell and Tuscola have to be in the conversation with Stuart Cramer, Burns and Hibriten in the west.
With what West Iredell did tonight against Maiden I'd say they are for sure. Maybe Tuscola but they haven't really played anybody yet but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

I think the top 5 in 4A West right now has to be

1. Burns
2. Hibriten
3. Cramer
4. West Iredell
5. Tuscola

One of the top 4 will represent the West in December
 
Last edited:

GrizzlyDevil

All-American
Nov 22, 2011
4,294
8,275
113
Don't count us out just yet...we got you all right where we want you!

man GIF
 

Stormsurge1

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2025
1,017
1,463
113
With what West Iredell did tonight against Maiden I'd say they are for sure. Maybe Tuscola but they haven't really played anybody yet but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

I think the top 5 in 4A West right now has to be

1. Burns
2. Hibriten
3. Cramer
4. West Iredell
5. Tuscola

One of the top 4 will represent the West in December
Cramer hasn’t played anyone yet either but we have Shelby, Burns, and Lincolnton over the next 4 weeks so we will know where stand after that. That is a tough 3 games in a 4 week stretch. I have to admit as a fan I am ready for that. We haven’t played a team that has a win yet and we haven’t given up a point in the first half yet. Those are some hard watches. So win or lose (hopefully wins) kids, coaches, and fans are definitely ready.
 

Goldendomer10

All-Conference
Oct 4, 2022
902
1,622
66
Tuscola’s win last night against West was solid. The next two games on their schedule they have Smoky and Franklin. Those games will be a very good indicator for them. Don’t forget that Postell from Smoky was Tuscola’s coach so they’ll find a very motivated Smoky team. I see Smoky and Tuscola as even with the team making the least mistakes winning. I’d give Franklin a 7-10pt edge.

IMO, if Tuscola stays within 7-10 or better with Franklin, they’ll show they have the ingredients to be 3-4th round relevant depending on matchups in 4A.
 

K84

Junior
Jul 7, 2025
260
267
63
Actually, yes, it's impossible. Now that I've looked...

If the 24 furthest east teams make it in (1 being the furthest east (First Flight)) then Reidsville would be number 21.
First Flight just cancelled the rest of their season. Not enough players because of numbers and injuries.
 

Lincolnton

All-Conference
Jul 8, 2025
854
2,313
93
Maiden and Brevard on a blue lagoon vacation this season
Chopper, heard that back in Ancient Rome when some Consul or Emperator would conquer another nation, they would be given a lavish parade when they returned home.

They would drive a chariot through town and the citizens would cheer and make a big fuss over them. To keep them from being too prideful they had a plebeian to stand with them in the chariot and whisper into their ear a reminder that they were only mortal.

if there is such a thing as reincarnation, you must have been that plebeian whispering to them. With you, it might have been more than they could stand.

Also, I appreciate your services.:)

1790018096723.png
 

Chopper747_2.0

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2025
757
1,013
93
Chopper, heard that back in Ancient Rome when some Consul or Emperator would conquer another nation, they would be given a lavish parade when they returned home.

They would drive a chariot through town and the citizens would cheer and make a big fuss over them. To keep them from being too prideful they had a plebeian to stand with them in the chariot and whisper into their ear a reminder that they were only mortal.

if there is such a thing as reincarnation, you must have been that plebeian whispering to them. With you, it might have been more than they could stand.

Also, I appreciate your services.:)

View attachment 1448541

I dont know whether to be offended or feel complimented

Good job
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  2. 02 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  3. 03 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  4. 04 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5
  5. 05 NC Preps Games to Watch - Week 5