53 man rosters

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Any surprises?

Nate Adkins- beyond proud of him for making the cut. Posters took shots at him when he joined our team. Arguably our MVP at the end of last year.

D. Rush- thought he would hang on with the Colts.

Reactions: MrCockStrong

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
D Rush is kind of crazy. I just read an article yesterday about how he was likely to get a bunch of PT b/c of depth issues, and he had been performing pretty well in camp.

Nate doesn't surprise me. That dude is just a baller. Always room on a 53 man for ballers. Very DiMarco-ish. I think he'll have a similar NFL career.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
D Rush is kind of crazy. I just read an article yesterday about how he was likely to get a bunch of PT b/c of depth issues, and he had been performing pretty well in camp.

Nate doesn't surprise me. That dude is just a baller. Always room on a 53 man for ballers. Very DiMarco-ish. I think he'll have a similar NFL career.
Agreed. D Rush had a pick six in preseason and there was talk of him being a starter.

Hopefully someone scoops him up.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Hard part for Adkins is that many teams don’t use a fullback anymore. But he definitely demonstrated he can do much more than block. Could see him in a FB / TE role in the NFL.

Reactions: Viennacock
Jan 18, 2022
Any surprises?

Nate Adkins- beyond proud of him for making the cut. Posters took shots at him when he joined our team. Arguably our MVP at the end of last year.

D. Rush- thought he would hang on with the Colts.
I believe he will play somewhere before the season’s over

Cluster Cock

Joined May 4, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 28, 2022
Very happy for Nate and the Adkins family. I talked with Coach Adkins last week and he was cautiously optimistic about Nate's chances of making the cut or, if not, some other team picking him up.
It's funny how fate intervenes - prior to the Clemson game he had had 4 catches for 22 yards. He had 9 catches for 140 yards in the Clemson game and the bowl game and was injured in the bowl game and didn't play the whole game. I believe we would have won if he wasn't injured - we had no Tight Ends left.

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Great news. Proves as does other portal transfers that there are solid football players at other levels. Also remember some posters mocked the signing of Muse to a pro contract. Muse made the cut and a pro roster. Happy for both tes.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Great news. Proves as does other portal transfers that there are solid football players at other levels. Also remember some posters mocked the signing of Muse to a pro contract. Muse made the cut and a pro roster. Happy for both tes.
Muse is the 4th tight end for the Vikings. It's not normal to carry 4 tight ends. Must see something in him or they like him on S.T.'s. Regardless, happy for him.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Very happy for Nate and the Adkins family. I talked with Coach Adkins last week and he was cautiously optimistic about Nate's chances of making the cut or, if not, some other team picking him up.
It's funny how fate intervenes - prior to the Clemson game he had had 4 catches for 22 yards. He had 9 catches for 140 yards in the Clemson game and the bowl game and was injured in the bowl game and didn't play the whole game. I believe we would have won if he wasn't injured - we had no Tight Ends left.
I agree 100%. Who would have ever thought Nate friggin Adkins would be the key to winning that game?? We had Wyatt Campbell out there trying to play TE in that game. Still amazing that we had the ball last with a chance to tie it up.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Chiefs just claimed Rush...I'd say that worked out for him! :ROFLMAO:
From a competive standpoint for sure. That said, does he lose out on his rookie contact th!t he signed or does KC have to pick up his contract?

He signed a $4m contact with the colts. Only $357k guaranteed. When the colts released him, they are off the hook for the non-guaranteed portion. When KC picks him up, are they on the hook for his original contract or can they sign him for the league minimum. Min is $750k so not a huge difference i guess.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Nobody was surprised by Jalen Brooks making the cowboys?

He met with my son and a few other boys at his high school to talk to them about mental health and the issues in which he struggled. Takes a special person to go out of his way to help others.

I think he ran something like a 4.7 in the 40. Many took shots at him. Proud of him. He didn't allow the negativity kill his dream.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Nobody was surprised by Jalen Brooks making the cowboys?

He met with my son and a few other boys at his high school to talk to them about mental health and the issues in which he struggled. Takes a special person to go out of his way to help others.

I think he ran something like a 4.7 in the 40. Many took shots at him. Proud of him. He didn't allow the negativity kill his dream.
I can only think of 2 posters who may have taken shots at the 2 different players you mentioned, but I don't recall any. I think everyone should be entitled to give one criticism of any particular player in any case.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
I can only think of 2 posters who may have taken shots at the 2 different players you mentioned, but I don't recall any. I think everyone should be entitled to give one criticism of any particular player in any case.
Go back and look. They specifically took shots when he look a break from the team. You are entitled to criticism. It's a message board. I don't take issue with folks taking shots at his 40 time but piling on when he took a leave for personal issues is wrong on many levels.