9th place?

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,037
8,400
113
I’m sure there’s a reason but why are they having 9th place matches? I assumed it has something to do with the number of qualifiers at that weight.
 

cbond

All-American
Oct 26, 2004
3,249
5,946
113
There is a wildcard at those weights and several seeded guys didn’t place so they called for 9th matches.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OSVICTOR

Wrestleknownothing

All-American
Oct 30, 2021
2,318
6,207
113
I’m sure there’s a reason but why are they having 9th place matches? I assumed it has something to do with the number of qualifiers at that weight.
One of the criteria for at-large spots is finishing one spot below your conference's automatic qualifier level. So if you have 8 allocations at a weight you wrestle for ninth to preserve at-large criteria.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Inky29
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is buzzing with top 2027 and 2028 recruits who can envision playing for Eric Morris and the Cowboys
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Mestemaker delivers as No. 18 Oklahoma State tops UCF 42-28
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Staff Picks: UCF at Oklahoma State
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Preview Week 6 | Oklahoma State vs. UCF
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: UCF at Oklahoma State