A&M baseball Friday night game thread

Zschurch

Redshirt
Apr 17, 2019
18
0
0
Strikeout looking on a fastball by Cumbest w/ bases loaded followed by two really nice defensive plays by Hatcher. I thought this might be a game that could allow Cumbest to earn more playing time, but advantage Hatcher at this point.
 

bully12

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
1,709
774
113
If nothing else, A&M gets it with the way a baseball uniform is supposed to be worn; I mean they REALLY get it!!
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
Since I don't want to upset a old man that might be listening I won't say what I think about that last error that tied the game
 

expireddog

Redshirt
Oct 4, 2013
211
0
0
Terrible throw by James but Hatcher has to come off bag and keep that ball in front of him.

Also Mcleoud ain’t the Friday night guy.
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
Welp. It is now certain the Dawgs will have to score at least 5 to win tonight. If they keep throwing the ball away, it might take much more.

Now up to 6 runs at least needed. Is this what they call playing down to your competition’s level?
 
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2007
26,004
10,155
113
Unearned runs hurt like hell, like hanging a breaking ball for an RBI hit on the first pitch after a clutch strikeout.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,004
10,155
113
Two balls in the MIDDLE of the plate, two homers

BALLGAME

Nice lineup card tonight. Six batters against 10.
 

MSUDawg25

Redshirt
Jan 21, 2010
2,088
1
38
Over his head, hit the bat. We are.....

That has to be one of the unluckiest breaks I can remember. That ball was gonna go to the backstop and the tying run was gonna score. Not to mention TA would’ve had one more strike to work with in that at bat.
 

Bulldogg31

Redshirt
Dec 9, 2013
8,263
0
0
Leadoff walk to the #9 hitter, and can’t throw a strike to a guy who just wants to bunt. Yeesh
 

Zschurch

Redshirt
Apr 17, 2019
18
0
0
Hard to make sense of these pitching moves by Lemonis. Why bring Koestler in there at all just to go to Simmons two batters later? Glad Koestler is out of there though. Felt like he was about to get touched.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four