A rumor no one is going to like

dawgfan77

Feb 27, 2008
I was told that there will not be any staff changes this year. It appears our worst fear, The Sly and Woody show will return next year. As we like to say, we are M-State.

dawgfan77

Feb 27, 2008
I was told that there will not be any staff changes this year. It appears our worst fear, The Sly and Woody show will return next year. As we like to say, we are M-State.

Cohendawg

Sep 18, 2006
Byrne is not that dumb. There will be ZERO life left in the fanbase if this is true. At the very least Croom needs to clean house JWS style, that'll at least revive some stray sheep.

msudawgs1978

Nov 6, 2008
Let's just hope this is a red herring designed specifically for The Dynamic Duo. A rumor to pacify them before they get the shaft?

Don't know, but thanks dawgfan for slightly crushing my hopes.

dawgfan77

Feb 27, 2008
I will be first to tell you, I don't want this **** to go down, but this is not the first time I have heard this, and it has come from some very solid sources. I am not we can put a $ amount on how much this will hurt. I like Greg, I really do, but this decision really makes me wonder

graddawg

Jun 4, 2007
The ONLY way I could see this being true is if Byrne has been told by the Money Men that the cash to buy the contracts out will not be there at the end of the year and Greg sees a 2009 as ****** as 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2008 as the only way to get it done.

With that said, I don't believe the rumor for a second.

stevo1a

Feb 27, 2008
dawgfan77 said:
I'm going to save a lot of money in 2009 that would have otherwise gone toward season tickets, gas, tailgating expenses, BDC giving increases, etc.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
He said he knows that for a fact. He didn't say Croom would be gone, but the money is there should they decide to can his sorry butt.

I just don't buy it (that nothing will be done at all). If that happens, Greg Byrne is worthless.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
it will lead to two certain things:

1. I will have a crapload of free time next fall.

2. (see below)

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I don't believe this and here's why- if you're going to fire someone, and you KNOW that they have to stay around for three more weeks, why would you, as their boss start telling people that they're going to be fired?

phillydawg

Oct 21, 2008
I know for a fact there is a lot of unhappiness at the Bryan Building. I'm on campus and work with a lot of people from there. There will deffinitely be changes but if we win even one more game we are destined for Croom 6.0. We probably will be saddled with him one more year anyway but major changes are in the wind.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
was the number that would insure Croom being back. However, right now 4 looks less than a 50-50 proposition to me so if we go 3-9 things are going to be really interesting.

D

Dawg725

graddawg said:
The ONLY way I could see this being true is if Byrne has been told by the Money Men that the cash to buy the contracts out will not be there at the end of the year and Greg sees a 2009 as ****** as 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2008 as the only way to get it done.

With that said, I don't believe the rumor for a second.

Talked to a guy on Tuesday who is big buddies with some of the "Cigar Boys". He said the money has been pledged and the ball is in GB's court. He also told me he spoke with GB about it at the Kentucky Game (his skybox is a few down from GB's) he said Greg was a little mute on the matter but he did say he "had some wheels turning".

dawgmaster

Nov 4, 2008
for the past two weeks. I just cannot believe that Croom can be that dang stubborn & stupid. I visited with a couple of the supposed " Cigar Boys" tonight and both of them said that Croom will be back next year and that the University just cannot afford to pay 3.4 million to buy him out this year. I asked them about all this TV money that is being talked about and they said that money is already spent and earmarked for other things. They did say that Byrne is going to force Croom to hire another OC. The thing one of them said that caught my eye: He said, if Croom has as much " character " as is claimed -- he would just step down honorably at the end of the season. They both agreed that season ticket sales will suffer if Croom stays. It is going to be interesting to see what goes down.

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
the question: will Byrne do it and if Croom still doesn't abide, does he have the guts to fire him?

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
It's 100% not true. No decisions have been made and they won't be made until after the season. Any rumors that are posted are strictly rumors.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
Raising money these days is tough as hell. I don't care if you have $100 million. Taking a $35 million hit in net worth will make you think twice about that $500,000 commitment to fire a walrus.

TR.sixpack

Feb 14, 2008
The only person associated with MSU that would think no changes are necessary is Croom. If he tries to get away without firing AT LEAST McCorvey and Stringer, Byrne may be forced into a Cutcliffe-type situation.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
if Byrne is smart, he'll just let Croom sink with this crew and can fire him next year. If he is going to give him the option of making changes, the only real way to do that is to give Croom 2 more years.