Aaron Brooks 23-24

Yewdell123

Oct 13, 2021
Does anyone know if ABrooks is returning for another year.
Listed as a senior.
Thanks

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
I know for sure Aaron can return (Covid year). I have heard nothing regarding him leaving after this season but I NO insider information. Both Carter and Aaron have Covid related extra year of eligibility. I must say that after seeing Aaron wrestle in Big 10s that I strongly believed that he would win nationals. He has always been a great wrestler but he elevated his game which is often needed to repeat. As seen this weekend (RBY, Dean) repeating is not a given. Great credit to Aaron and Carter for having great seasons and then peaking at Nationals.!

Reactions: ChandlerPearce

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Aaron is driven by more than mere wrestling results. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes a break and his Olympic redshirt. Same with Carter. These guys both seem unimpressed with college wrestling right now… JMHO and reading between the lines. The PSU room is getting to the point where NCAA titles are a stepping stone and how many doesn’t matter because of what’s happening in the room. It’s the USA team working out every day. Cael has a monster…. and he loves it!

Last edited:

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Olympic redshirt
Didn’t Brooks take to lime for olympic training prior to beginning his Penn State career? Maybe that counts as his redshirt and he can still have an Olympic redshirt as well.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Both Aaron and Carter have articulated they want to win Olympic gold. If they wrestle for PSU next year, it will be tough for them to transition to Freestyle and make the team.......it is a tall task for them even if they focused on Freestyle and skipped PSU. At this point, if they skip a year and focus on Free, I doubt they would be back. I would be a ***** to worry about class, making weight etc.

I think they stay at PSU. 2024 should DT's final hurrah and Aaron would be in great shape to take his place beyond that time. I would expect Carter to stay on the same path.

Cael has a plan and I am certain they both trust that plan at this point. The should get their time to swim with the big fish this year.

Reactions: hohmadw1978

Gronky

Nov 10, 2021
Is there a scenario where Haines reshirts as well as Brooks & Starocci Olympic redshirting, causing the seemingly every 4 years "down" season in 24, leading to a monster 2025 & beyond?

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Is there a scenario where Haines reshirts as well as Brooks & Starocci Olympic redshirting, causing the seemingly every 4 years "down" season in 24, leading to a monster 2025 & beyond?
Might as well shirt Bartlett, he has his shirt available.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
F'em.. kid has always stood up and declared his commitment to Jesus. I wonder what would have happened if a muslim had said Mohammed is the real deal and any other is not. I'm sure there would have been no outcry. It's the times we live in. Our world needs more Aaron Brooks.

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
F'em.. kid has always stood up and declared his commitment to Jesus. I wonder what would have happened if a muslim had said Mohammed is the real deal and any other is not. I'm sure there would have been no outcry. It's the times we live in. Our world needs more Aaron Brooks.

There would have been an outcry only it wouldn’t have been from Muslims.

Gronky

Nov 10, 2021
Am I correct in assuming that if Brooks, Starocci, etc. take an Olympic redshirt, that they do not count against PSU's 9.9 scholarship allotment for that year? If so, does that differ from taking a regular redshirt?