After a loss ...

Bill_the_cat

Senior
Nov 17, 2025
370
505
87
... I try to stay away from the board. It seems many negative attitudes come out.
It is not as if the players are not trying or Pope is trying to lose. Sometimes all the buttons that a coach pushes just do not reset the team or make a difference. Last night is a prime example.
The players that played well against A&M had been playing poorly in other recent games. And players that have been playing well missed too many assignments.

I guess beating Purdue in the preseason set expectations too high for some.
 

21Goose

Senior
Jan 7, 2003
2,499
911
113
... I try to stay away from the board. It seems many negative attitudes come out.
It is not as if the players are not trying or Pope is trying to lose. Sometimes all the buttons that a coach pushes just do not reset the team or make a difference. Last night is a prime example.
The players that played well against A&M had been playing poorly in other recent games. And players that have been playing well missed too many assignments.

I guess beating Purdue in the preseason set expectations too high for some.
Outside of a miracle, we are going to lose 14 games. If that is setting expectations too high then I don't know what to tell you.
 

UKCowboys

All-American
Oct 14, 2019
5,196
9,912
113
... I try to stay away from the board. It seems many negative attitudes come out.
It is not as if the players are not trying or Pope is trying to lose. Sometimes all the buttons that a coach pushes just do not reset the team or make a difference. Last night is a prime example.
The players that played well against A&M had been playing poorly in other recent games. And players that have been playing well missed too many assignments.

I guess beating Purdue in the preseason set expectations too high for some.
Great post
 

clifmcc

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2025
109
126
43
... I try to stay away from the board. It seems many negative attitudes come out.
It is not as if the players are not trying or Pope is trying to lose. Sometimes all the buttons that a coach pushes just do not reset the team or make a difference. Last night is a prime example.
The players that played well against A&M had been playing poorly in other recent games. And players that have been playing well missed too many assignments.

I guess beating Purdue in the preseason set expectations too high for some.
Way to high and I was one of them
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball UK Pro Day was a 'really, really positive day' for Kentucky basketball
  2. 02 KSR Basketball KSR's top takeaways from Kentucky Basketball Pro Day 2026
  3. 03 KSR Cats in the NFL BBNFL Week 4: Wan'Dale Robinson and Chris Rodriguez find the end zone (again)
  4. 04 KSR Women's Basketball Kentucky WBB has a versatile trio of 6-foot-5 Wildcats: 'We call them our 6-5s'
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky is very familiar with LSU QB Sam Leavitt