AJ Ferrari at the soldier salute

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
And Iowa wants this on their team?

wait, wasn't it the opposite? (I didn't watch it live). From the below video, it appears that Glazier gets the TD, then there is a scuffle at the end where Glazier throws a punch and also gives Ferrari the finger, and it's Glazier that gets disqualified.

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
wait, wasn't it the opposite? (I didn't watch it live). From the below video, it appears that Glazier gets the TD, then there is a scuffle at the end where Glazier throws a punch and also gives Ferrari the finger, and it's Glazier that gets disqualified.

Seems pretty clear that Ferrari got the takedown, threw the punch, then was DQ’d. Leopards don’t change their spots.The end of the video has Glazier getting his arm raised and accepting the trophy.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
From HR:

Reactions: Sloepoke20

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Seems pretty clear that Ferrari got the takedown, threw the punch, then was DQ’d. Leopards don’t change their spots.The end of the video has Glazier getting his arm raised and accepting the trophy.

my bad. I confused who was red and who was green (watching on my phone, faces weren't too clear).

Yes, it is Ferrari that gets the TD, throws the punch, and gives a finger. And Glazier's reaction was pretty justified, as Ferrari pushed his head down after the whistle to end the match, which by itself can be penalized, though refs often try to verbally get past that (i.e., tell the wrestler to stop, and leave it at that).

Reactions: Parks22

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
my bad. I confused who was red and who was green (watching on my phone, faces weren't too clear).

Yes, it is Ferrari that gets the TD, throws the punch, and gives a finger. And Glazier's reaction was pretty justified, as Ferrari pushed his head down after the whistle to end the match, which by itself can be penalized, though refs often try to verbally get past that (i.e., tell the wrestler to stop, and leave it at that).
Spencer Lee did the same head push/shove after beating teammate Ayala last year. Seems like the culture there is off track.

Reactions: psu1972

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
So, the same fans that want to give the clown a second chance and bring him in got the middle finger from him. Pretty clear that he has not matured whatsoever. His father appears to be a major bad influence as well. If Brands(s) want to keep their jobs, they will tell AJ, no thanks. If they sell their souls to the devil, it may be their last round at Iowa.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Apparently, there was a scuffle and altercation with Rathjen and Anthony Ferrari also at 149. The Ferrari’s are not endearing themselves to Iowa or anyone else at this point.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Anthony Ferrari also got into a post-match scuffle with Iowa 149 Caleb Rathjen. Rathjen won 7-2. After the final whistle, Ferrari shoved Rathjen from behind. Rathjen turned around and gave him the Ferrari flex pose. The refs had to step in and separate them.

Also, Terry Brands got caught on camera calling UNI coach Doug Schwab "a big puss" -- at the end of a match between backups from both schools.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Anthony Ferrari also got into a post-match scuffle with Iowa 149 Caleb Rathjen. Rathjen won 7-2. After the final whistle, Ferrari shoved Rathjen from behind. Rathjen turned around and gave him the Ferrari flex pose. The refs had to step in and separate them.

Also, Terry Brands got caught on camera calling UNI coach Doug Schwab "a big puss" -- at the end of a match between backups from both schools.
A classy program, that is where I would send my kid. I really believe the clown show may be in its final act.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Brands even entertaining the idea of bringing in this dysfunctional family is the last sign of desperation. They can’t accept the fact that they can’t solve the Cael/PSU puzzle.

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
So, the same fans that want to give the clown a second chance and bring him in got the middle finger from him. Pretty clear that he has not matured whatsoever. His father appears to be a major bad influence as well. If Brands(s) want to keep their jobs, they will tell AJ, no thanks. If they sell their souls to the devil, it may be their last round at Iowa.

My guess is that he Iowa fans still want him. They would 100% sell their soul to the devil to beat Cael.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
My guess is that he Iowa fans still want him. They would 100% sell their soul to the devil to beat Cael.
A few do, but this was basically a home match for them and AJ got booed hard and then returned the booing with double middle fingers to the crowd. The kid has some screws loose. As I said before though, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Just a guess, but I bet they already got a goody bag from the slum lord.

Charles Brown

Jan 5, 2022
If Brands wants maintain any respectability with the Hawkeye fans, he will say no to AJ. The hardcore fans never seemed to want to take a chance on him, even before this.

Cael derangement syndrome.....how bad does Brands have it?

Jtllion

Oct 31, 2021
Words can’t describe the actions of this kid. If things get heated in a match between future teammates so be it but when the match is over, it’s over, but to throw a jab after the match and then flip off your future fans and blow kisses. I guess I’m old school but there would be no way that this kid would would be allowed on my team, no matter if it cost the team victories. His absence is a win for the overall team.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Words can’t describe the actions of this kid. If things get heated in a match between future teammates so be it but when the match is over, it’s over, but to throw a jab after the match and then flip off your future fans and blow kisses. I guess I’m old school but there would be no way that this kid would would be allowed on my team, no matter if it cost the team victories. His absence is a win for the overall team.
AJ has major problems for real. Hopefully he can get some help for his life.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Does anyone think that the Ferrari family is out celebrating New Years? Hoping they don't let AJ drive.

The Brands are all in on this clan, they are desperate. I imagine they have already been paid.

Reactions: PSU621

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
When does the university say enough is enough, and this kid isn't coming?

Charles Brown

Jan 5, 2022
You can take the Guido out of NJ, but you can"t take the NJ out of the Guido.

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021
AJ has major problems for real. Hopefully he can get some help for his life.
Reminds me of that other Iowanker wrestler, Pat Downsey, that had serious mental issues that expressed as really unsportsmanlike to violence to off-the-mat.

Jtllion

Oct 31, 2021
When does the university say enough is enough, and this kid isn't coming?
After listening to Brands comments about it after the match, I honestly don’t think he has an issue with it. He said just two guys out there with the mentality that they can win and we need that mentality

Reactions: Spice67

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
After listening to Brands comments about it after the match, I honestly don’t think he has an issue with it. He said just two guys out there with the mentality that they can win and we need that mentality
Of course he did. Iowa will take anyone if their good on the mat. We all know this by now. Do we really think Brands cares about this kid ? It’s sad when you really think about it.

Reactions: PSU621

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Just to clarify what happened:

- the incident at the end of the AJ Ferrari - Zach Glazier match was first posted about in the Non-PSU Recruiting thread
- quite a few posts about it were made in that thread
- @Jtllion started a new thread about the incident, and that post attracted some responses
- I moved all the posts from the Non-PSU Recruiting thread about the incident into the thread that @Jtllion started, to clean up the Non-PSU Recruiting thread, and to have all the posts in one thread
- so nothing was lost, but @Jtllion's post is no longer the top post in the thread

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
These are exactly the kind of wrestlers that T&T want. I doubt the AD will overrule them. Brands is under contract for 5 more years so nothing is going to change.

The kids were probably already paid. Can AJ get money before he is enrolled?

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Boosters control the money. Coaches are let go routinely before contracts are up. From what I am gathering, at least 90% of iowa fans don't what the Ferraris there and a growing number wouldn't mind the Brands leaving. Tough to explain to fan base why wrestlers are going else where for less money.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Boosters control the money. Coaches are let go routinely before contracts are up. From what I am gathering, at least 90% of iowa fans don't what the Ferraris there and a growing number wouldn't mind the Brands leaving. Tough to explain to fan base why wrestlers are going else where for less money.
The booster slum lord is on board. I bet the Ferraris already got the bag.

Reactions: Sloepoke20

Latest posts