AJ Ferrari at the soldier salute

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
I didn’t make myself clear about my first question, is AJ eligible for an Olympic red shirt?
Yes he is. Past world medalist. Similar to Facundo. He isn't qualify for the trials. 2 different things

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
That's what my "No" was about. He is not eligible, as best as I can tell. (I checked through 5 of the criteria. The other was a world champ at U-17, U-20, U-23, and I didn't check on that.)

Yes he is. Past world medalist. Similar to Facundo. He isn't qualify for the trials. 2 different things

So I investigated further (I checked the 6th criteria). It's a world medalist at U-17, U-20, U-23 to qualify for an Olympic redshirt. Ferrari was a bronze medalist at the U-17 championships in 2018. As such, my prior "No," was, I think, mistaken. He would qualify. I can't find anything that addresses if a wrestler can take an Olympic redshirt if they aren't enrolled at a college, so that is still a question.

To what @WV lion mentioned, yes, it is two separate issues. So for AJ, he's qualified (with the caveat about not knowing the rules if you're not enrolled) for an Olympic redshirt, but has not qualified for the Olympic Trials. Facundo qualified for an Olympic redshirt by virtue of winning a bronze at the 2018 U-17 championships, and then qualified for the Olympic trials by virtue of finishing in the top 5 (he finished 3rd) at the 2023 USA Senior Nationals.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
🖕🖕
He gets two votes from me.

I was hoping to see Aaron take those two fingers and stick them so far up AJ's *** that they popped out his eyeballs,

With AJ's preening and prancing coupled with Brand's dancing and yelling, they would have been a sight to see.
Oh God no. Not enough antibiotics in the world for that.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
He needs to go MMA as soon as possible. Don’t be an embarrassment to yourself, family, and any college….
Too late. The problem is, the father seems to condone the nonsense. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Phoenix lion

Oct 29, 2021
Vast majority of the Iowa fans want him and his brothers to pack up and leave town.
The Iowa fans here in the Phoenix area just want to be on top. They’re counting on AJ to win 3 national titles. I question the “vast majority”. Down here it would read the opposite.

coastfan

Oct 26, 2021
The Iowa fans here in the Phoenix area just want to be on top. They’re counting on AJ to win 3 national titles. I question the “vast majority”. Down here it would read the opposite.
Guess it could happen in theory. He won the 197 lb. title as a true frosh four years ago. IF (still a big “if”) he wrestlers for Iowa next year and given a sixth Covid year, it seems to be within the realm of a possibility.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The three of them being brought in to Iowa, specifically AJ, speaks volumes to the desperation of the Brands bros. They have no answers for PSU. Cael is in their head 24/7.

Reactions: Garw

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
This isn't AJ, it's the good Ferrari, Angelo, I believe, I could be wrong.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
This isn't AJ, it's the good Ferrari, Angelo, I believe, I could be wrong.
Anthony according to the Iowa folks. Rumors are that he beat up and robbed the father of a kid he was training. I think the kid is an Iowa recruit as well. If true, this has to be the last straw for this family in college wrestling.

Latest posts