Alabama Looking to Build Smaller Basketball Arena

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I did read about the 1060 project, sounds like they've done a lot. But the cubbies are like Clemson to me. I hate them with a hot burning passion.
That's a different discussion.

Similarly, the upstate countryside around Clemron is gorgeous, but that has no impact on my everlasting disdain for tater athletics.

Reactions: Gamecock Jaques

HillsToSea

Joined Apr 12, 2020
Jan 25, 2022
My Dad taught English and History until he became an administrator. When teaching at the high school level, Mama taught math.
My Mama taught English. I learned it very well. Just didnā€™t use it. I can still hear her say, ā€œuse it or lose it.ā€ Also, ā€œyouā€™re butchering the queenā€™s English.ā€

• Haha
Reactions: King Ward

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
The once great company formerly known as Bowater , Catawba mill, near Rock Hill.
Did work @ that facility, also around the corner @ the fiber plant. RH printing @ finishing probably largest client. Rock was a good town to work. Several more clients down hwy 21.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Did work @ that facility, also around the corner @ the fiber plant. RH printing @ finishing probably largest client. Rock was a good town to work. Several more clients down hwy 21.
By "fiber plant", do you mean the pressed board mill that was adjacent to Bowater? That was a fibrous process.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
The Carolina Coliseum took four years to build. Like Tanner and Founders Park, McGuire was heavily involved in the design. First class facilities designed for TV broadcasts. Excellent thinking for the mid 1960s - he probably had colour TV in mind too. It sure looked good to this 10 year old's eyes on the family colour TV in Beaufort in 1970.
He designed the lighting inside to be similar to Madison Square Garden.

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
By "fiber plant", do you mean the pressed board mill that was adjacent to Bowater? That was a fibrous process.
No, sorry, up the hill and take a left..amoco fibers (carbon fibers), but went thru name changes over the yrsā€¦..lot of stuff went into aircraft ,etcā€¦ā€¦plt here in Gvl, but new name escapes meā€¦.original union carbide, think plant name now starts with letter S?

BattleshipTexas

Jan 23, 2022
It's the thing now. Auburn did it. Ole Miss did it. Texas is doing it with a versatile seating capacity depending on the opponent but smaller than what they have now.
This has been great for Texas. Playing BB in the old Frank Erwin center was like playing in a giant collesium. Took the crowd right out of the game. This configuration puts students section right up near the court, but the bluebloods who pay the $$$ still have a good view from above.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Would be hard to do for us since women's basketball has sellouts. If the men's team started to win, sellouts would be commonplace in Columbia.
We could be like the reverse of most schools. We could build an intimate little gym for the men and let the women continue to play in the big house. šŸ¤£

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Would be hard to do for us since women's basketball has sellouts. If the men's team started to win, sellouts would be commonplace in Columbia.
Questionable. Commonplace? Build it smaller and increase demand. Money will equalize as people pay more for less supply. Atmosphere will intensify. It all depends on the product in any case.