Alabama stats

May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
Like Missouri, looking at Alabama's stats suggests we should win the series, if not sweep. Missouri played well, but I think last weekend had more to do with us not showing up than anything else. I don't think that happens again.

Alabama's best hitters are Sam Praytor (R) and Drew Williamson (L). Their SEC-only OPS is comparable to that of Rowdey Jordan and Logan Tanner.

Their best starting pitcher is Dylan Smith (R) who usually starts Game 2: 4.56 ERA, 49.1 IP in SEC play.

They lean on three relievers, all righties:
  1. William Freeman: 3.68 ERA, 22.0 IP
  2. Landon Green: 3.79 ERA, 19.0 IP
  3. Chase Lee: 2.30 ERA, 15.2 IP (closer)
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
They’ve had a lot of pitching injuries. Not a bad team at all but they have struggled on the mound. Pretty good lineup though.

Connor Prielipp, their expected Friday starter, hasn’t been able to pitch much this year. We’ll see Ras and Smith in Game 1 and 2, both of whom have been up and down. Excellent at times and then struggled sometimes. Much like us their Game 3 starter is a crap shoot so that may be another high scoring game.

I think we win the series but I do worry about playing a desperate team like that. They don’t have any series wins that are all that impressive but they’ve been competitive against some of the top teams. Definitely gonna have to be locked in for this one, they’re plenty good enough to take a series from us if we are sloppy.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four