All it took was one bad season, and the sports media

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Stop lying, you made a ton of posts whining about Leach winning that game, I remember it well and I’m sure they are still in the archive unless you’ve deleted them
You sir are a flat out liar. There are people here that actually know me, they know better than that. I was ecstatic that he won that game. I even said I would lay off for a year since he won it. Now before he won it, you are correct. I've NEVER been upset about beating the Confederates, and never will be. Take that crap back to Oxford, Rebel. You can ask my neighbors...I ran out in the yard ringing my cowbell! Glorious night! I still will always loathe the pure air raid. I don't think I will ever have to worry about it again though. That is the real verdict on it boys. If it was what you cultists think, everybody would be running it. Not even the guys in the air raid tree run it now. That verdict is final.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Well you've never been big on logic and reason.

If Leach could go the equivalent of 6-6 during the COVID year, then 7-5 and 8-4 with Will Rogers and a bunch of inherited players, no telling how high we could have gone once he got all players in here who were totally his recruits.
Yeah, no telling what he could have done in air raid fantasy land, but his last year it was pretty much his team. That was about it. It must be nice to be a cultist, you are never wrong .

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Heck, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Lebby is a modern air raid guy. Goat has already dismissed his offense as garbage, and we haven't even played a game yet. His version is herasy to the Puritans though.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You sir are a flat out liar. There are people here that actually know me, they know better than that. I was ecstatic that he won that game. I even said I would lay off for a year since he won it. Now before he won it, you are correct. I've NEVER been upset about beating the Confederates, and never will be. Take that crap back to Oxford, Rebel. You can ask my neighbors...I ran out in the yard ringing my cowbell! Glorious night! I still will always loathe the pure air raid. I don't think I will ever have to worry about it again though. That is the real verdict on it boys. If it was what you cultists think, everybody would be running it. Not even the guys in the air raid tree run it now. That verdict is final.
sure, your account was probably hacked last thanksgiving, or you were drinking heavily

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
sure, your account was probably hacked last thanksgiving, or you were drinking heavily
Ok Reb. By the way, we lost last Thanksgiving, your Rebs won. I'm sure that's why you are confused. I WAS upset about that.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
I don’t want to turn this into political propaganda however. The truth of the matter for L4 and for everyone that remembers is he disagreed with Leach politics and his views on Covid. L4 was adamant on here and ED about his thoughts and he let that translate to his views on Leach. He can deny it all he wants but some of us have receipts from those days.

Reactions: 85Bears

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
In the past 25 years we have had 1 season with a winning record in conference and 14 with a losing record... If we were to argue the semantics between good times, bad times, or hard times, I'll have to go with hard times... Mediocre times just doesn't have a good ring to it and average times would be a little too optimistic for where we've been.

My 25+/- years of Mississippi State fandom (in particular time spent on this board) could be summed up pretty well by Charley Crockett's song about Hard Times:

The dice are loaded, and everything's fixed..

Welcome to hard times and feelin' low
Do you like sinnin'? No?
Well, you will before you go
We've got lots of gamblin'

Oh, and we're tellin' lies
You're certainly welcome to hard times

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
This narrative that well we have only finished with a winning SEC record is such a short sided statement. You finish 4-4 go 4-0 in non con that’s an 8-4 season. Those 4 conference losses potentially are to top 10 teams . The only reason that matters in SEC records is if you’re playing to get to ATL. Yes that’s the goal of course and always will be. But to sit here and down play our 13 bowl games and base it solely on our SEC record is ridiculous and it screams po ol state.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I don’t want to turn this into political propaganda however. The truth of the matter for L4 and for everyone that remembers is he disagreed with Leach politics and his views on Covid. L4 was adamant on here and ED about his thoughts and he let that translate to his views on Leach. He can deny it all he wants but some of us have receipts from those days.
Interesting. Well I imagine my political views on Covid & other matters did align closely with Leach’s. I don’t have any ill will towards him, I just think he was a bad hire to make in 2020 - would’ve been a good hire in 2010 though. He wasn’t the same coach, he was extremely stubborn and refused to tweak his system to align with modern day football. It’s why no one runs the true air raid anymore. He also did a very poor job on the recruiting trail in Mississippi- which is vital for us to be successful. The majority of the players didn’t enjoy being a MSU bulldog while he was here. Facts.

You can see a completely different vibe this spring under Lebby- let’s see if it translates to success on the field. I’m hopeful.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
This narrative that well we have only finished with a winning SEC record is such a short sided statement. You finish 4-4 go 4-0 in non con that’s an 8-4 season. Those 4 conference losses potentially are to top 10 teams . The only reason that matters in SEC records is if you’re playing to get to ATL. Yes that’s the goal of course and always will be. But to sit here and down play our 13 bowl games and base it solely on our SEC record is ridiculous and it screams po ol state.
A 9-4 and an 8-5 record in playing an SEC schedule the previous two seasons is not "falling on hard times" regardless of what the sports media or self-loathing State fans say. State made a mistake hiring Arnett and quickly rectified it, but to act like we're back to the Croom Era is pure sophistry.

patdog

May 28, 2007
A 9-4 and an 8-5 record in playing an SEC schedule the previous two seasons is not "falling on hard times" regardless of what the sports media or self-loathing State fans say. State made a mistake hiring Arnett and quickly rectified it, but to act like we're back to the Croom Era is pure sophistry.
7-6 and 9-4. But yeah, your point remains. Heck, even last year was only 5-7 with a win over a ranked Arizona team.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Nope. You would need receipts a lot older than that. I hated Leach's offense long before we ever hired the guy, or before I knew what his politics were. I never paid much attention to him before we hired him, other than trying not to watch games his teams played in. A lot of you here get confused about me because you think my views on a one issue mean I obviously hold others that you believe go with it. There are still a bunch of you that think I'm a liberal. I always laughed out loud at that. It really is funny if you actually know me.