Anyone concerned Jans doesn’t have an extension yet?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
On that, I suppose we could allow fans to bring in coolers with beer and mount smokers in the Hump right by their seats. That's about what it sounds like would make for that dude experience.

Is it too early to despise all these people with one of these hypothetical Hump Lounges? **

• Haha
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Also a lot easier to pack the hump than dws and NLI goes further in basketball.

But that doesn’t seem to be the path we are taking. Not sure what the deal with Jans is at the moment.

I hope we retain him, but he’s not a unicorn and plenty of other people can win here. You just never know what you’ll get. I don’t think anybody thought Barnes would do better at TN than he did at Texas.

The key for anybody next year is keeping Hubbard and then being able to land a couple of nice pieces from the portal.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
What sucks is that even when we came out and supported in a big way, like Vic and the women, he still left us. However, that was probably a little bit of bad luck with him being from Texas, and also us not winning that 2018 title. He might have stayed a good bit longer had that happened.

But either way, yes, we better get out and support men's basketball early and often. That means filling the Hump up in December too, not just SEC games when we're decent. Our fans don't seem to understand this. I don't really know if Jans has a 'home' school or not, but I also don't know if he's a straight mercenary like Danny. But we need to be ready for either scenario.
Vic left us because of John and Nelle…. If it was up to Vic, he would have wanted to stay here. He has a good deal in Texas, but nothing that we couldn’t have matched or bettered

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Let Jans leave. Go get the Samford coach and let him loose. Bucky is a much better coach and he isn’t a 17 a$$ hole like Jans.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
No one wants to hear this, but the real battle for MSU's soul is basketball vs. FOOTBALL, not baseball. Baseball is and will continue to be a major part of our athletic department - it won't be de-emphasized so you may as well get rid of that thinking.

We are going to have to make some hard decisions regarding how we allocate our resources, both school and NIL, within football and basketball. Fan support is average at best in both. And the first thing to do is get real about what we can and can't do. So - you tell me, can we compete at the highest level in football? Basketball? I'll make this easy for you, one of those answers is no and the other is yes. So that's the starting point.
Once again you couldn’t be further from the truth.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
Let Jans leave. Go get the Samford coach and let him loose. Bucky is a much better coach and he isn’t a 17 a$$ hole like Jans.
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
It's been 16 years since we won an NCAA Tournament game and 28 years since we made it to the second weekend.
Since basketball's last win in the tournament, the baseball program has advanced to 7 Supers (sweet 16 equivalent), 4 College World Series, 2 National Finals and 1 National Championship.

These 2 programs are NOT the same. If basketball was performing at the level of the baseball program, then the Hump would slammed packed for every game. Blaming the "****** baseball team" on basketball's "half *** support" is ridiculous.
Not sure that's going to change no matter how much we win unless you want to stop people from buying tickets that never intend to use them or transfer them. We had lots of basketball sellouts or near sellouts this season where the Hump was half full. Not sure what the remedy is?

Dec 28, 2019
Instead of worrying about Jans leaving we should be wondering why we haven't heard any rumors of transfer portal activity yet. There are quite a few guys in the portal. Who are we going after ? Is it too early to be on the hunt ? I doubt schools are jumping thru hoops trying to lure him away. I suggest he needs to be jumping thru hoops trying to build a decent team to put on the court next year. Maybe if he could win a tournament game or two he could become a hot commodity

Reactions: Anon1664516582

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Instead of worrying about Jans leaving we should be wondering why we haven't heard any rumors of transfer portal activity yet. There are quite a few guys in the portal. Who are we going after ? Is it too early to be on the hunt ? I doubt schools are jumping thru hoops trying to lure him away. I suggest he needs to be jumping thru hoops trying to build a decent team to put on the court next year. Maybe if he could win a tournament game or two he could become a hot commodity
We have. A bunch of guards, a few 3’s, a few 5’s. Several On3 Twitter accounts posting about portal activity.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not sure that's going to change no matter how much we win unless you want to stop people from buying tickets that never intend to use them or transfer them. We had lots of basketball sellouts or near sellouts this season where the Hump was half full. Not sure what the remedy is?
I've said this before but will say it again. The same people bitchin about people not showing up and using their tickets are the same ones that say of Davis Wade attendance, "I bought my tickets and can do with them what I want to. If I want to stand up the whole game with a blue hair behind me telling me to sit down by God its my seat and I'll so with it what I want"

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
When we don’t use ours, I give them away (several on here have gotten tickets from me). I’ve tried selling them before on SeatGeek and they never sale so I just give them away because I have better luck with them being free. And the people that have used them have offered to pay but that’s not a big deal to me but there are alot of people who want something for their tickets and that’s fine too. The issue there is finding someone willing to buy or willing to spend the money.

Also with seat geek you don’t know who’s buying them. It could be the opposing teams fans which we have seen happen for the Kentucky and Tennessee games this past season.

I guess what I’m trying to say is there’s no magic bullet for solving ticketing/attendance issues.

Reactions: hatfieldms