App St

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
They’re better than us. They’re faster, and they are sure tacklers. OL is solid and their RBs remind me of the hard running RBs back during the hey day of Tenn.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
They are better than a lot of teams out there, so why do we add them to our already brutal schedule?

Reactions: Lakecock1

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
They're better as a program than us year in and year out. Over the last 20 years, with the exception of only a handful of seasons, they have been better than us. It's absurd but there it is.

Ridiculous. They could barely beat us in one of our worst years and their best year. Sounds like tater talk from the guy that was so upset about us beating Florida that he bailed on the game to go work out.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
A successful program has 3 elements: coaching, player talent and strength/conditioning. App. State might have us beat on coaching and strength/conditioning. But, I will never be convinced they have better player talent.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
You don't know football.

I know they gave up 63 points to UNC last week at home.

I also know in that last ten years he claims they are "better as a program than us year in and year out", App St has lost to Louisiana, Western Kentucky, Marshall, Georgia Southern, UMass, La-Monroe, Troy, Arkansas St, Southern Miss, South Alabama, Liberty, Montana, NC A&T, Samford, Furman, Chattanooga, East Carolina, Wofford, Illinois St, and Maine. A loss to any of those teams would make our entire season a disaster.

We saw the same stupidity about Coastal in 2020. Good underdog teams occasionally sneak up on a P5 team, especially a struggling p5 team, and beat them. It happens, but it is nothing more than an "any given day" scenario. Good for them. I've got no love for TAMU or Jimbo.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
Ridiculous. They could barely beat us in one of our worst years and their best year. Sounds like tater talk from the guy that was so upset about us beating Florida that he bailed on the game to go work out.
Most programs are better than us. We are bottom quarter of the SEC. Beamer may be the guy, but nothing big is happening until Tanner is gone and replaced by a competent administrator who knows finance.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
As if one could excuse ever losing to them. The arc of our program is disparagingly ugly. To deny that is to marginalize yourself. By the way, they have beaten us more than once, as has the Citadel. Pacific has only beaten us once, however. In our history, we've loss to Furman several times but only once in the "modern" era.

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
They’re better than us. They’re faster, and they are sure tacklers. OL is solid and their RBs remind me of the hard running RBs back during the hey day of Tenn.
Our tackling did look bad, didn’t it?

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
I know they gave up 63 points to UNC last week at home.

I also know in that last ten years he claims they are "better as a program than us year in and year out", App St has lost to Louisiana, Western Kentucky, Marshall, Georgia Southern, UMass, La-Monroe, Troy, Arkansas St, Southern Miss, South Alabama, Liberty, Montana, NC A&T, Samford, Furman, Chattanooga, East Carolina, Wofford, Illinois St, and Maine. A loss to any of those teams would make our entire season a disaster.

We saw the same stupidity about Coastal in 2020. Good underdog teams occasionally sneak up on a P5 team, especially a struggling p5 team, and beat them. It happens, but it is nothing more than an "any given day" scenario. Good for them. I've got no love for TAMU or Jimbo.
App St. beat us the last time we played.

App St. won at College Station. We have never experienced that "any given day" scenario.

You need to give credit where it is due.

Cocky Jeff

Joined Jan 30, 2003
Jan 22, 2022
I’ve said for years….we need to redshirt every year, play fifth year guys and keep doing it.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
App St. beat us the last time we played.

App St. won at College Station. We have never experienced that "any given day" scenario.

You need to give credit where it is due.

I don't give them credit for being "better as a program than us year in and year out". That's straight stupid tater talk. They beat us in one of our worst seasons and one of their best. They routinely lose to teams that us losing to would get a coach fired.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I don't give them credit for being "better as a program than us year in and year out". That's straight stupid tater talk. They beat us in one of our worst seasons and one of their best. They routinely lose to teams that us losing to would get a coach fired.
You can't rehabilitate us by rationalizing them. It isn't possible. It's a futile exercise anyhow. The very reason we're having this discussion is our historical deficiencies. "Tater talk"? Have you got nothing better?

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
I’ve said for years….
I've said it for years.....we need to pay our players more.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

• Haha
Reactions: bayrooster

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
You can't rehabilitate us by rationalizing them. It isn't possible. It's a futile exercise anyhow. The very reason we're having this discussion is our historical deficiencies. "Tater talk"? Have you got nothing better?

Just the truth. Sorry if it doesn't match up to your "They're better as a program than us year in and year out" stupidity. They have never beaten teams like Georgia or Clemson or Tennessee or Florida or Auburn, and routinely lose to teams that a loss to would get our coach fired. That's just reality.

They are a very good Sun Belt team that can sneak up on a down P5 team and beat them. Nothing more, nothing less. Emotional, knee-jerk opinions based on an occasional win over a struggling P5 team doesn't change that.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Just the truth. Sorry if it doesn't match up to your "They're better as a program than us year in and year out" stupidity. They have never beaten teams like Georgia or Clemson or Tennessee or Florida or Auburn, and routinely lose to teams that a loss to would get our coach fired. That's just reality.

They are a very good Sun Belt team that can sneak up on a down P5 team and beat them. Nothing more, nothing less. Emotional, knee-jerk opinions based on an occasional win over a struggling P5 team doesn't change that.
You tried all that already. Get in touch with me when we again matter.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
You tried all that already. Get in touch with me when we again matter.

Losing to UNC AT HOME giving up 63 points sure as hell won't make us "matter". Or can you not remember last week? I'd love to hear the whining from you if WE had done that.

I wish beating a down P5 team every 5 years was all that was need to matter.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Losing to UNC AT HOME giving up 63 points sure as hell won't make us "matter". Or can you not remember last week? I'd love to hear the whining from you if WE had done that.

I wish beating a down P5 team every 5 years was all that was need to matter.
A scant down payment would be for the current head coach to win a road conference game, even if it's Vandy, if that's the best he can do. It wouldn't be like winning at College Station, but...

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
What makes a good program?

App St has captured the attention of America without much money or conference affiliation to speak of. They have to fight all the best programs for recruits. Yet they continue to improve and build a really interesting brand. People love to love them. They will probably keep improving with time.

I'll spare you a contrasting description of our program.

Reactions: KingWard

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

App St has captured the attention of America without much money or conference affiliation to speak of. They have to fight all the best programs for recruits. Yet they continue to improve and build a really interesting brand. People love to love them. They will probably keep improving with time.

APP State has garnered three national championships.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
APP State has garnered three national championships.

Yeah, 2005, 2006, and 2007.

In 2005, they lost to both P5 teams they played Kansas, LSU, and to Furman.
In 2006, they lost to the only P5 team they played, a NC State team that won 3 games and lost to Akron
In 2007, the year of the big Michigan win, they still lost to Wofford and GA Southern.

If that is what it took to win titles, would could have done so easily by now. Apples oranges.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Yeah, 2005, 2006, and 2007.

In 2005, they lost to both P5 teams they played Kansas, LSU, and to Furman.
In 2006, they lost to the only P5 team they played, a NC State team that won 3 games and lost to Akron
In 2007, the year of the big Michigan win, they still lost to Wofford and GA Southern.

If that is what it took to win titles, would could have done so easily by now. Apples oranges.
Hey, you don't know how many of those teams WE would have lost to, now do you? Besides, I was talking to the other poster - the nuanced thinker.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Hey, you don't know how many of those teams WE would have lost to, now do you? Besides, I was talking to the other poster - the nuanced thinker.

In 2005, we beat a ranked Tennessee and Florida. In 2006, we beat a ranked Clemson team. And in 2007, we beat a ranked Georgia and a ranked Kentucky.

But keep telling me how losing to almost every P5 team you play in 3 years except Michigan and winning titles against nobody makes you the better program. I'll keep laughing.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
In 2005, we beat a ranked Tennessee and Florida. In 2006, we beat a ranked Clemson team. And in 2007, we beat a ranked Georgia and a ranked Kentucky.

But keep telling me how losing to almost every P5 team you play in 3 years except Michigan and winning titles against nobody makes you the better program. I'll keep laughing.
All you proved there is that rankings are subjective.. What were we ranked after we beat Bama in 2010?

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022

So what? I like them too. But nobody will care in a month or two when they have lost to a couple of teams most of those fans have never heard of.

When went thru this same **** a couple of years ago with Coastal. Then they went to a bowl and got beat by Liberty, Then most of those fans had to go look up Liberty in wikipedia so they could talk about them the next day at work and they pretend they knew anything about them.

Captn Skully

Joined Aug 16, 2002
Feb 3, 2022
App is not at the point to consistently beat P5 programs every year but they will jump up and bite some every few years. Bout like ECU used to be back in the day.

Latest posts