App St

01Fatboy

Joined May 23, 2009
Jan 24, 2022
Most programs are better than us. We are bottom quarter of the SEC. Beamer may be the guy, but nothing big is happening until Tanner is gone and replaced by a competent administrator who knows finance.
wow, that someone actually thinks that beamers hands are tied in any way because of Tanner is asinine. besides that, any issues we have above Beamer goes directly to the bot. the sec in the spurrier and holtz years was nothing compared to what it is now. and furthermore, if sos had been younger when he came here, he still woulda only been successful for the few years he had the homegrown talent such as swearinger, clowney and a few other primo playerts. sadly the clemson fans knew this but we were in denial. it will take some time but Beamer knows he has to recruit the entire east coast and is doing it quite well so far. has nothing to do with Tanner at this point

Reactions: Maccmaine12

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
wow, that someone actually thinks that beamers hands are tied in any way because of Tanner is asinine. besides that, any issues we have above Beamer goes directly to the bot. the sec in the spurrier and holtz years was nothing compared to what it is now. and furthermore, if sos had been younger when he came here, he still woulda only been successful for the few years he had the homegrown talent such as swearinger, clowney and a few other primo playerts. sadly the clemson fans knew this but we were in denial. it will take some time but Beamer knows he has to recruit the entire east coast and is doing it quite well so far. has nothing to do with Tanner at this point
Dude, he runs a second rate program because he’s hopelessly in over his head. Every men’s team is in the crapper. I suppose that’s simply a coincidence to you, eh?

Reactions: DLee56

Begonenow

Joined Mar 23, 2009
Jan 25, 2022
Their average recruiting ranking is around 90. They sure squeeze a lot of juice out of what they get.

Reactions: KingWard
Mar 24, 2022
Carolina SHOULD be better than App State but the reality is we're not..I believe perception across the country is that App State is a better program than USC.They have done a better job at talent evaluation and player development than Muschamp and company did..Hopefully that has changed under Beamer but as ole Dennis Green said "you are what you're record says you are".

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
Their average recruiting ranking is around 90. They sure squeeze a lot of juice out of what they get.
They always have a ton of seniors on their team. They are a lower tier version of Nebraska under Osborne. Players redshirt and then spend a couple years learning and developing and by the time they play they are redshirt juniors. They know the system and know the fundamentals. All of that experience sort of levels out the difference in recruiting class talent.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Carolina SHOULD be better than App State but the reality is we're not..I believe perception across the country is that App State is a better program than USC.They have done a better job at talent evaluation and player development than Muschamp and company did..Hopefully that has changed under Beamer but as ole Dennis Green said "you are what you're record says you are".

Ridiculous. First post troll. They couldn't even hold UNC to under 60 in a first game home loss.

If we had lost to UNC AT HOME the first game of the season and gave up NINE TDs. NINE TDs!!!! Our fanbase would be ready to run Beamer out of town.

Last edited:

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
The real lesson people should have learned about App St vs TAMU is that, just like I said ALL LAST YEAR, the QB is the single most important player on the team, and if you don't have a good QB, you can lose to anybody on a given day.

This is why you appreciate those "gimmie" games and don't act like they should be counted as automatic wins and don't count for anything.

Last edited:

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
At least we have two automatic wins (gimmies) after being uga's gimmie this week.
Hopefully.

We all knew, or should have known, that if we were anything other than 3-2 going into the Kentucky game, we were either WAY better or WAY worse than anybody expected us to be. That game is our first real opportunity to know if we are making progress or not.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
Well that isn’t true. They just coached and develop the more developmental players more than Muschamp and co. I can’t even remember if APP state had any draft picks in the last 5 years, Muschamp put Jaycee, Ernest Jones, Kinlaw, Deebo, Edwards, Shi Smith, and more in the league

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
I'll say it again. If we gave up 9 flipping TDs in a loss the first game of the season AT HOME TO UNC, the same people would declare the entire program a complete disaster. That was literally App St 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
All state is nowhere near our program. If they played an SEC schedule they would win 4 games a year if they’re lucky. We would look good against the sunbelt as well.

Captn Skully

Joined Aug 16, 2002
Feb 3, 2022
All state is nowhere near our program. If they played an SEC schedule they would win 4 games a year if they’re lucky. We would look good against the sunbelt as well.
Well 4 is about how many SEC games you win a year right?

01Fatboy

Joined May 23, 2009
Jan 24, 2022
Dude, he runs a second rate program because he’s hopelessly in over his head. Every men’s team is in the crapper. I suppose that’s simply a coincidence to you, eh?
when has that not been the case? and please dont refer to the spurrier years, i have already went over that

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
when has that not been the case? and please dont refer to the spurrier years, i have already went over that
Seriously? You seem fixated on one sport. There have been plenty of years where many men’s programs did well, even during years where the football team didn’t.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Seriously? You seem fixated on one sport. There have been plenty of years where many men’s programs did well, even during years where the football team didn’t.
True enough - and those times were heartening and enjoyable. But you know as well as I do that, in the SEC, they are not comprehensively defining.

Reactions: Atlanta Cock

Jont

Sep 17, 2022
Watching Coastal Carolina tonight putting the Wood to Georgia St. CCU would wear us out!

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
They're better as a program than us year in and year out. Over the last 20 years, with the exception of only a handful of seasons, they have been better than us. It's absurd but there it is.

Your "better program than us" blew a 28-3 lead and lost to James Madison at home. LOL

Latest posts