Are you feeling old?

Harvard Gamecock

All-Conference
May 5, 2014
3,299
3,027
113
Jagger, Roger Waters, Steve Miller, Keith RIchards, Jimmy Page. all about to be 81 this year.
Ringo 83, Paul McCartney 81
 

Cackmandu

Senior
Mar 26, 2006
1,127
851
113
Beats the alternatives! He looks pretty good for 80! Once you get into your 60’s, take care of yourself has new meaning!
 

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
I went to see Paul McCartney a couple of years ago. He still has it. When he sang the old Roger Moore Bond song "Live And Let Die", I thought the stands at Wake Forest football stadium were going to collapse from all the excitement from the fans. I know I am old-fashioned, but I feel you cannot beat the old groups and singers from yesteryear.... The Beatles, The Bee Gees, The Carpenters, Carly Simon, Carol King, James Taylor, ABBA, etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GCJerryUSC

Prestonyte

All-American
Jun 1, 2022
5,261
5,214
113
Dave Mason is currently on the road with ''The Traffic Jam'' Tour.
If you haven't seen Mason lately, it's definitely worth checking out.
Mason is 77 and can flat out play some memorable music.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 92Pony

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
1,154
1,282
113
I love The Who! Wish I could get some of that beer! The above mentioned is a reason I get mad when they talk about Biden`s age - it`s not his age it`s his mental status that is the problem. All of the old guys you name above are just fine thank you. Speaking of that, going to the Outlaw Music Festival in Charlotte on June 22nd to see Willie Nelson(91 by then), Bob Dylan(83 by then), Robert Plant(75). Please don`t tell me they are "too old." Looking forward to it very much!!
 

GCJerryUSC

Joined Aug 19, 2001
Aug 19, 2001
158,027
3,833
113
.... The Beatles, The Bee Gees, The Carpenters, Carly Simon, Carol King, James Taylor, ABBA, etc.
Mick Jagger can still swing it. He's a legend.

You will enjoy this from ABBA: Especially the last piano alone music at end. Absolutely beautiful. Wish they had kept camera on keyboard at end.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gamecock stock

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
Mick Jagger can still swing it. He's a legend.

You will enjoy this from ABBA: Especially the last piano alone music at end. Absolutely beautiful. Wish they had kept camera on keyboard at end.

Jerry, thanks for that. I agree 100% with you.
 

KingWard

All-American
Feb 15, 2022
8,553
8,733
113
I love The Who! Wish I could get some of that beer! The above mentioned is a reason I get mad when they talk about Biden`s age - it`s not his age it`s his mental status that is the problem. All of the old guys you name above are just fine thank you. Speaking of that, going to the Outlaw Music Festival in Charlotte on June 22nd to see Willie Nelson(91 by then), Bob Dylan(83 by then), Robert Plant(75). Please don`t tell me they are "too old." Looking forward to it very much!!
I honestly think that musicianship ages well, vocal ability less so. I've seen many examples of both - in a variety of genres.
 

Harvard Gamecock

All-Conference
May 5, 2014
3,299
3,027
113
I honestly think that musicianship ages well, vocal ability less so. I've seen many examples of both - in a variety of genres.
Arthur Rubenstein widely regarded as one of the greatest pianists of all time gave his last concert when he was 89.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KingWard

Hoganman1

Junior
Nov 28, 2022
258
251
63
I went to see Paul McCartney a couple of years ago. He still has it. When he sang the old Roger Moore Bond song "Live And Let Die", I thought the stands at Wake Forest football stadium were going to collapse from all the excitement from the fans. I know I am old-fashioned, but I feel you cannot beat the old groups and singers from yesteryear.... The Beatles, The Bee Gees, The Carpenters, Carly Simon, Carol King, James Taylor, ABBA, etc.
I'm with except maybe for ABBA.
 

Hoganman1

Junior
Nov 28, 2022
258
251
63
I'm more of a Steely Dan, Chicago, The Doobie Brothers and Earth, Wind and Fire kind of guy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 92Pony
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Insider Report: What's gone wrong for South Carolina, Bama game thoughts, what's next?
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Scott Davis: Still waiting on a season that never arrived
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball South Carolina women's basketball: Three things we learned from the Gamecocks' first exhibition
  4. 04 TheBigSpur The Gamecock Report | South Carolina at 8 Alabama Intel Briefing
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Baseball Key questions for South Carolina as fall baseball practice begins this week