As we near the start of Gamecock football

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
For me, UK is the #1 game I want to win this year, even more so than Clemson. We NEED to beat UK. We don't need to beat Clemson. I hate Clemson and it would be nice to beat them, but they are a top 5 team, so losing to them right now doesn't mean a lot in terms of our status. Being owned by UK speaks volumes though. Beating Clemson would be the icing on the cake for a good season, but beating UK is essential to having a good season. UK is a middle of the road SEC team. We cannot continue to be owned by them if we want to show progress.

We must, must, must, must beat UK.

GatorlandGamecock

Joined Sep 19, 2007
Jan 5, 2022
I can't decide this. I want to beat Kensucky and Stoopid but I live in Florida and the Gayturds are insufferable when they win. I really enjoyed the quiet last year.

Reactions: 1vagamecock

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
For me, UK is the #1 game I want to win this year, even more so than Clemson. We NEED to beat UK. We don't need to beat Clemson. I hate Clemson and it would be nice to beat them, but they are a top 5 team, so losing to them right now doesn't mean a lot in terms of our status. Being owned by UK speaks volumes though. Beating Clemson would be the icing on the cake for a good season, but beating UK is essential to having a good season. UK is a middle of the road SEC team. We cannot continue to be owned by them if we want to show progress.

We must, must, must, must beat UK.
I agree. I don't know how many we win this year, hopefully more than we lose but I hope we beat Kentucky.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
That's not my top choice, but it's up there. Losing to A&M isn't inexcusable like losing to UK is, but it's pretty bad that we have yet to beat them (and they were the ones to expose our downfall).
I put AM behind Tennessee and Misery.
Losing to Misery seems like Losing to that preppy kid in Junior high that always thought he was better than you because his Dad had more money than your Dad....

StormCobra

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Feb 10, 2022
What team (besides clemson) are you wanting us to beat the most?
I'm going with Kentucky. I really have a dislike for Mark Stoops, even before his comments this year.
I hope we give him a beat down!
All of them... one at a time...

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
What team (besides clemson) are you wanting us to beat the most?
I'm going with Kentucky. I really have a dislike for Mark Stoops, even before his comments this year.
I hope we give him a beat down!
That team is GEORGIA. It always is, and will always be, the team I want to beat the most.

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
Pretty much I want to beat Clemson the most. It would be nice to get back to regularly beating Kentucky. And finally beating Texas a&m. These teams have basically been running the train on us for about a decade now.

We NEED to beat UGA, Clemson, aTm and anyone else who is ranked top25. We SHOULD be beating everyone else.

Last edited:

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I'll echo Kentucky for the reasons posted above and add Missouri to the list. These are the teams we MUST beat to get where we want to go. Upsetting clemson or Georgia would be incredible, but if a win like that is combined with losses to UK and Missouri, then it's just an overall meaningless upset (like 2019).

Reactions: 1vagamecock

The Orange Dog

Aug 2, 2022
8-9 against them over the last 17 seasons.... 🖕
Lol. During the absolute worst period in Tennessee football history you still couldn’t reach .500 against us and you had how many hall of fame coaches? In our worst season ever we still beat you all.

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Lol. During the absolute worst period in Tennessee football history you still couldn’t reach .500 against us and you had how many hall of fame coaches? In our worst season ever we still beat you all.

That's a BS argument, when you already referenced the series record prior to that. South Carolina hasn't exactly had a stellar win-loss record over its history, while Tennessee at one time was among the top 2-3 top teams in the SEC - the majority of which, was when UTjr. racked up its series record against us. Cherry pick, any???

• Haha
Reactions: The Orange Dog

The Orange Dog

Aug 2, 2022
That's a BS argument, when you already referenced the series record prior to that. South Carolina hasn't exactly had a stellar win-loss record over its history, while Tennessee at one time was among the top 2-3 top teams in the SEC - the majority of which, was when UTjr. racked up its series record against us. Cherry pick, any???
No, that’s just the facts. I don’t blame you though, if our trophy case was empty like yours I would live in denial too. You really need to wait until you win something before you try to brag so much. Is there any team in the SEC you all have a winning record against?

By the way, I was referencing your proud claim that you were 8-9 against us over the last 17 seasons. Those were the worst years in our history and you still didn’t reach .500 against us. So what is BS and cherry picking?

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
No, that’s just the facts. I don’t blame you though, if our trophy case was empty like yours I would live in denial too. You really need to wait until you win something before you try to brag so much. Is there any team in the SEC you all have a winning record against?

By the way, I was referencing your proud claim that you were 8-9 against us over the last 17 seasons. Those were the worst years in our history and you still didn’t reach .500 against us. So what is BS and cherry picking?
Tennessee have a message board?
I wouldn't know myself since I'm a Gamecock fan I stay on the Gamecock forum.

• Haha
Reactions: The Orange Dog

Latest posts