Athens Parking

Capersh

Joined Oct 30, 2002
Jan 25, 2022
Been a while since I went to a game here, what’s my best bet when it comes to parking? Any tips?

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Guard your wife and kids walking to the stadium. Don’t walk by the frat houses. Nastiest fans in the nation. Guck Feorgia

• Haha
Reactions: Lakemurraycock

accock

Jan 22, 2022
Get there early and then you might not have to walk over a mile. I say park around 8:00 and enjoy the T&A

d-daeg

Sep 15, 2023
Go early and find a pay lot or parking deck in the down town area. It’s not a bad walk from there to the stadium.

DJGamecock

Feb 12, 2022
A very important tip for USC fans making the trip for the UGaly game tomorrow:

Remove ALL of your Gamecock decals from your car - BEFORE you leave for the game!

WHY? When they LOSE, those drunken Dawg fans will KEY YOUR CAR to vent their anger!

I saw this happening with my own eyes after we beat them in 1989 (right after Hugo). I didn't know better then, but luckily my car wasn't keyed.

In 1993, when we told their goal line defense we were running the "Same Play" & Brandon Bennet jumped over the top to win, they did it again!

In 2001, when we beat them with Lou Holtz after we threw a late TD pass to win at the end, the UGaly students were keying USC cars Yet AGAIN!

I wasn't there in 2019, but we can safely assume there were plenty of Gamecock cars keyed. Most dawg fans watching it happen simply Laugh!

So, ASSUME we're going to WIN! REMOVE ALL YOUR USC STUFF from your car and stash it in your trunk. Better to be safe than sorry there! :(

DJGamecock

Feb 12, 2022
Guard your wife and kids walking to the stadium. Don’t walk by the frat houses. Nastiest fans in the nation. Guck Feorgia

Good point warning USC fans to keep their distance from the UGaly frat houses. Those drunken idiots want to FIGHT after their team loses! Did not know to keep clear of them in 2001 and actually thought I might have to FIGHT one when walking back to our car. That really scared my GF and she said she never wanted to come back EVER! We never did.

Use the other side of the road from them! If we win, those frat boys shout insults at USC fans trying to start a fight. Trust me, don't say ONE word!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tngamecock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Good point warning USC fans to keep their distance from the UGaly frat houses. Those drunken idiots want to FIGHT after their team loses! Did not know to keep clear of them in 2001 and actually thought I might have to FIGHT one when walking back to our car. That really scared my GF and she said she never wanted to come back EVER! We never did.

Use the other side of the road from them! If we win, those frat boys shout insults at USC fans trying to start a fight. Trust me, don't say ONE word!
Yep…..they want to fight when they win. Seen it several times. Seen them basically attack People with young kids. They are a menace. I was in a frat at SC. We were wild, but if we’d seen others trying to beat up older people with kids or grandkids we would have beat the snot out of them. They will get in your face, start that dumbass bark….then as you laugh and walk around them they block your way and keep barking. Will never go back. Been 4 times…..similar story 3 of those. The Bennett over the top game they had their tales tucked.

Like I said….Guck Feorgia and everyone and everything there.

Reactions: DJGamecock

Latest posts