Athletic Attendance

GTAdawg

Redshirt
Sep 11, 2010
2,162
25
48
I suppose at the beginning of the new athletic year we really didn’t know just how long COVID restrictions would last past football, but in an effort to give as many different bulldog club members an opportunity to attend at least one of the big three sports....if you received season tickets to football should that have counted you out to get tickets to basketball and baseball (or one of the other two scenarios)? Would that opened up the range of fans who would have been able to attend something? Tracking with me?

I’ve noticed that a lot of the same people are awarded tickets to all three because of their standing in the bulldog club, and I certainly respect that. But this kind of seems like a special circumstance. Which hopefully won’t ever happen again, but you never know.

I personally only hold basketball tickets, that’s what is priority for me. My wife’s family are baseball supporters and have had tickets for years. But neither of us were given a chance to be awarded tickets. I’m sure there a lot of other people in the same boat.

I’m curious if anyone here knows if bulldog club funding is brought in the same way federal taxes are? Whereas the top 50% support 97% of total taxes and the bottom 50% makes up 3%.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,624
7,851
113
I can't answer your question, but I think it's safe to say that the top 2-3% of BC giving accounts for 90% or more of the donations. I'm in the top 5%, and trust me when I say that I don't give squat in the grand scheme of things, so something tells me that it's really only 100 donors or maybe less that give the big bucks.

In terms of the point about attendance, I've completely changed by tune over the years. In the past, I was a big advocate for the top donors receiving priority, but I've reached the point where I'm much more empathetic to the fans that actually make the effort to go to games. In other words, if it's a battle over season tickets between my donations and someone that went to every football game last year, I'm 100% fine with the guy/gal that went to games last year getting tickets over me. People that can actually get to the stadium need to be rewarded
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina