Auburn beat

SteelCurtain74

All-Conference
Oct 28, 2019
2,105
3,197
113
Alabama A & M 33-0 in baseball tonight. It looks like they played all 9 innings. Is there not some type of mercy rule? I don't see how continuing to play in a blowout like this helps either team.
 

dog12

Senior
Sep 15, 2016
1,950
592
113
Alabama A & M 33-0 in baseball tonight. It looks like they played all 9 innings. Is there not some type of mercy rule? I don't see how continuing to play in a blowout like this helps either team.

That's the biggest baseball blowout I've ever heard of.

I can't believe Alabama A&M didn't even score.

Seems like the Auburn pitchers would just throw them some batting practice fast balls in a blowout like that.

I don't think there's a "mercy" rule in college baseball.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,481
31,699
113
There's no excuse for that. Just stop the damn game. Looks like that's what they did the night before with Auburn winning 18-2 in 7 innings. Usually when a team beats up on bad pitching like that there's a hangover effect for a few games and they don't score many runs. Will be interesting to see how Auburn does in a tough tournament this weekend vs Oklahoma, Baylor and Texas A&M.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama