Back-to-back out-of-state 5* recruits

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Beamer pulled that off for the first time in our program's history, hauling in Harbor for 2023 and Stewart for 2024. Muschamp did ink Pickens and Burch in back-to-back classes, but both were in-state boys. Our only other out-of-state 5* recruit in our history was Chris Culliver back in 2007.

Beamer went out and got 2 in back-to-back classes from the DMV. I don't want to make too much of it, but it's a pretty big dadgum deal for a program of our status to be able to go outside of our state, let alone our usual recruiting footprint, and bring in two of the top recruits in the nation.

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
I wonder if recruiting the DMV and surrounding area was in his pitch to Tanner during his interview given his ties to that area from his Virginia Tech experiences and he knew our school could have success there?

I remember Muschamp talking about Charlotte so much at the start of his tenure and then pretty much forgetting about it as his tenure went on.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I wonder if recruiting the DMV and surrounding area was in his pitch to Tanner during his interview given his ties to that area from his Virginia Tech experiences and he knew our school could have success there?

I remember Muschamp talking about Charlotte so much at the start of his tenure and then pretty much forgetting about it as his tenure went on.

Yeah, good question. We really don't have any particular business recruiting so well in the DMV.

Reactions: Gradstudent

Roosterbell

Jul 29, 2022
Beamer pulled that off for the first time in our program's history, hauling in Harbor for 2023 and Stewart for 2024. Muschamp did ink Pickens and Burch in back-to-back classes, but both were in-state boys. Our only other out-of-state 5* recruit in our history was Chris Culliver back in 2007.

Beamer went out and got 2 in back-to-back classes from the DMV. I don't want to make too much of it, but it's a pretty big dadgum deal for a program of our status to be able to go outside of our state, let alone our usual recruiting footprint, and bring in two of the top recruits in the nation.
We appear to be in the top 2 or leading in the recruitment of a pair of 5⭐ out of state recruits in 2025. If we win our fair share of games this year, next year's recruiting class has the potential to be the best in program history. This staff has done an amazing job on the recruiting trail in their short time here.

BigRigGamecock

Joined Jan 29, 2017
Jan 22, 2022
Living in the DMV the last few years there actually a surprising number of Carolina folks. I'm pretty sure when I was in school a decade ago, MD and VA feed the university the most students except for of course folks from SC. A lot of them move back after school and so there is a large alumni base there.

Latest posts