Bama Game

Brace1

Redshirt
Oct 8, 2008
6
3
3
I never got behind Shane Beamer. The guy is a position coach, and that’s it. To be Straight up about it, he wasn’t too good at that either.😐
 

Goose_Cretian

Freshman
Feb 17, 2015
106
58
18
Yeah and by the looks of this team he is a terrible recruiter as well
I believe we have talent. The problem is that he won't make changes like Spurrier did. Yank them if they are sucking. Which is mind boggling because he was on that staff...
 

Deathstar

Junior
Sep 6, 2026
294
234
43
Let's not get carried away. He brought the best players to ever wear a Carolina uniform to Columbia. Plus you don't get as many SEC jobs as he has had if you aren't good at what you do.
Unless your daddy was a famous coach with connections. He is a Nepo-baby coach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brace1

sclawman77

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2011
1,605
1,463
113
Let's not get carried away. He brought the best players to ever wear a Carolina uniform to Columbia. Plus you don't get as many SEC jobs as he has had if you aren't good at what you do.
Sarcasm? Spurrier brought the best ever to play here. Clowney, Alshon, Gilmore, Lattimore, Shaw
 
  • Like
Reactions: Traildust57

Jonesz2

Joined Aug 9, 2005
Aug 9, 2005
1,738
2,277
113
I believe we have talent. The problem is that he won't make changes like Spurrier did. Yank them if they are sucking. Which is mind boggling because he was on that staff...
We have talent on defense?? Name one. And don’t say Stewart he had one tackle last week
 

sclawman77

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2011
1,605
1,463
113
When did Spurrier start to struggle with recruiting at SC.......after Beamer left for another job. You can be mad at Beamer all you want, but let's not rewrite history.
History also tells us Muschamp has more SEC wins than Shane in less seasons.
 

Brace1

Redshirt
Oct 8, 2008
6
3
3
Let's not get carried away. He brought the best players to ever wear a Carolina uniform to Columbia. Plus you don't get as many SEC jobs as he has had if you aren't good at what you do.
I think being the son of a legendary coach got him through a lot of doors that may not have opened if he didn’t have the Beamer name. And as far as the great talent he has brought to South Carolina, I would say a lot of that has to do with NIL and the transfer portal being in play. Shane Beamer was a decent recruiter when he was on Steve Spurrier’s staff, and I think that suited him best. I’ve never seen Shane as head coach material. He is not Frank, and I doubt he will reach his father’s legacy, though hopefully I’m wrong. We just need him to win consistently here.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina-Kentucky: Instant thoughts, key moments, what this loss means
  2. 02 TheBigSpur Football #24 Kentucky 35, South Carolina 34 | Rapid Reaction
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football What gives Shane Beamer confidence he can turn season around after South Carolina's third straight loss
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Shane Beamer's thought process behind two failed fourth-down play calls in Kentucky loss
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Finalized kickoff time/TV channel revealed for South Carolina's Week 6 matchup at Florida