Bama-UNC ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Illinois and Iowa State have been a pretty good game as well.

I never thought Illinois would pull this off.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Illinois and Iowa State have been a pretty good game as well.

I never thought Illinois would pull this off.
This has been my only complaint really since I cut the cord and went with FUBO, no TNT, TRU, or WTBS. I can only get the CBS games in the tournament. That being said It's the only way since I cut the chord I can get Bally. That means the Braves and the Predators. That's a trade off I can live with, especially since I didn't miss a single college football game I wanted to see.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This has been my only complaint really since I cut the cord and went with FUBO, no TNT, TRU, or WTBS. I can only get the CBS games in the tournament. That being said It's the only way since I cut the chord I can get Bally. That means the Braves and the Predators. That's a trade off I can live with, especially since I didn't miss a single college football game I wanted to see.
Ask a family member with able to just give you their login info and watch all games on the ncaa app.
It's 2024- password share.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Ask a family member with able to just give you their login info and watch all games on the ncaa app.
It's 2024- password share.
I still have an old fashioned sense of honor. I won't do that. That's just me and my personal code. What you do is your private business, and none of mine.

Some of that that stems from an online business I tried to have for a while as a fun second gig/hobby. It involved visual creative content, that I was quite proud of, that I was trying to sell, that was easily stolen no matter what. The precautions I had to employ to keep it from being stolen, killed what little money I made from it. I'd rather freely give it away than have it stolen. That is what I essentially do now. They won. If I didn't enjoy doing it, and couldn't make it without the little money it brought in.....my opinion would be absolutely different. I have a few friends that tried to make it doing what I was doing. Nobody else made that same model work. The honor system just doesn't work now. It's a shame really.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I still have an old fashioned sense of honor. I won't do that. That's just me and my personal code. What you do is your private business, and none of mine.

Some of that that stems from an online business I tried to have for a while as a fun second gig/hobby. It involved visual creative content, that I was quite proud of, that I was trying to sell, that was easily stolen no matter what. The precautions I had to employ to keep it from being stolen, killed what little money I made from it. I'd rather freely give it away than have it stolen. That is what I essentially do now. They won. If I didn't enjoy doing it, and couldn't make it without the little money it brought in.....my opinion would be absolutely different. I have a few friends that tried to make it doing what I was doing. Nobody else made that same model work. The honor system just doesn't work now. It's a shame really.
I had a relative that sold something he produced back in the day from an unmanned stand outside his house. He listed the price and had a "Honest Box" on the stand for payment. That worked for a long time....till the local TV station did a story on it. That pretty much ended the stand and the "Honest Box." That's pretty much what happened to me, except it was online, not at a physical location.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I had a relative that sold something he produced back in the day from an unmanned stand outside his house. He listed the price and had a "Honest Box" on the stand for payment. That worked for a long time....till the local TV station did a story on it. That pretty much ended the stand and the "Honest Box." Even the "Honest Box" got stolen. That's pretty much what happened to me, except it was online, not at a physical location.
I still have a few customers who do the right thing. They are appreciated FAR beyond the money I get from them, I can't say profit because there is none. It's just good to know that there are still a few people out there who believe in doing the right thing.

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I still have a few customers who do the right thing. They are appreciated FAR beyond the money I get from them, I can't say profit because there is none. It's just good to know that there are still a few people out there who believe in doing the right thing.
You have never lived anywhere near the East Coast or the Washington DC metro area . . . obviously.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, I typically recommend YouTubeTV for streaming, but no Bally is the downside. I’m looking forward to hear what Amazon does with because my hope is that it’ll be packaged into Prime memberships, but it’ll more than likely be some premium tier that costs a lot more than what we’re paying today

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, I typically recommend YouTubeTV for streaming, but no Bally is the downside. I’m looking forward to hear what Amazon does with because my hope is that it’ll be packaged into Prime memberships, but it’ll more than likely be some premium tier that costs a lot more than what we’re paying today
Is bally a live cc look in at a soccer moms yoga class?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Your honor and sense of the right thing is a load of horseshlt. Just 4 short years ago you were preaching here that everyone should stay home and not work, except for you of course, because your "business" was more important.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Sears is from Muscle Shoals. Remember when we used to have coaches that recruited the quad cities area? A couple of linebackers that ended up in the nfl come to mind immediately

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
How insufferable will the gumps be in they win the tourney?
i can take the bammers if they win it all but sears mom will eventually be wearing an only fans ad and they will show it ever break.

and how about when the game and season is on the line - bama larry bird is the only option on offense plus does everything on the D too

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There are other ways to watch all the games- sign up for a month of Max(HBO) streaming and you get access to all games on TBS, TNT, and TruTV.

But yeah, to each their own on this for sure.
In 2017, Netflix straight up supported sharing passwords so its tough for me to view any of this as a sense of honor, when the rules of the game are inconsistent and change.

I am fully comfortable with family sharing and accept that I may be viewed as part of the problem by others.
My parents are on my cell phone plan because its cheaper to add 2 lines to my plan.
I have their Dish password for ESPN televised games and Max.
I pay for Disny+/Hulu/ESPN+ online content and streaming games, and my dad uses that password for ESPN+.
My sister splits the cost of Peacock w/o ads with me.
When my kids go to college, they will continue to use all the streaming they have now even though they live in a different spot for most of the year.

1711723765474.png

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Last few minutes were wild.

Bama doing it with transfers from small schools
same at tenn. this is the way. study film and go for the best players from the small schools with a focus on the larry birds. they clearly are the catalyst for teams that are advancing. there’s something to be said about fundamentals, unselfish, and coachable larry birds.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There are other ways to watch all the games- sign up for a month of Max(HBO) streaming and you get access to all games on TBS, TNT, and TruTV.

But yeah, to each their own on this for sure.
In 2017, Netflix straight up supported sharing passwords so its tough for me to view any of this as a sense of honor, when the rules of the game are inconsistent and change.

I am fully comfortable with family sharing and accept that I may be viewed as part of the problem by others.
My parents are on my cell phone plan because its cheaper to add 2 lines to my plan.
I have their Dish password for ESPN televised games and Max.
I pay for Disny+/Hulu/ESPN+ online content and streaming games, and my dad uses that password for ESPN+.
My sister splits the cost of Peacock w/o ads with me.
When my kids go to college, they will continue to use all the streaming they have now even though they live in a different spot for most of the year.

View attachment 548165
My daughter and I do this for Discovery Plus and Disney. As for streaming, I use YouTube right now because there's a better alternative, and I haven't lost anything not being able to get Ballys... But I don't follow the teams that are on those networks.

There are some honors involved, but don't get me started on how much money we are giving communication companies for streaming. I have no problem stiffing them five dollars or $10 here and there.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You have never lived anywhere near the East Coast or the Washington DC metro area . . . obviously
You are correct. I did have in-law that lived in McLean VA though, same neighborhood as Colin Powell. The in-law was a real DC insider, career civil service. The rank was the equivalent in the military with a flag rank four star. We had the privilege of spending a couple of non-consecutive weeks there as a guest back in the day. I can't see what this has to do with what I posted though. It was a great base to explore the capitol region. The coolest week coincided with George Mason's run to the Final Four. That was fun. The DC area is a great place to visit. You would have to pay me WELL, and then some, to live there.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Getting the Braves and the Preds is a big thing for me. There are a few things I'm going to miss being on FUBO, the Final Four for instance. Getting the Braves is more important to me. The Final Four is one weekend for a sport I only really care about as long as MSU is still involved. The Braves fill in nicely the summer dead spot in most sports.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I wish I lived in Mayberry instead of the crime infested one I do now.
This place ain't Mayberry. That kind of place doesn't exist any longer. That being said, we are probably closer than most places.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Your honor and sense of the right thing is a load of horseshlt. Just 4 short years ago you were preaching here that everyone should stay home and not work, except for you of course, because your "business" was more important.
Let's just say this Goat, if you had really needed the business I'm in at the time, you would have whole heartedly agreed. So would every single person on this board. At my place we managed to avoid a crisis during that time. I thank God for that. I am not ashamed to admit I was REALLY scared for a long while. I still am to a degree, given my family situation. Most of my colleagues didn't escape the inevitable crisis stuff inherent with what we do. It was a damn scary time. We were shut down too, by law specific to US, with certain absolutely necessary exceptions, for about six weeks. COVID DID kill a highly regarded colleague... in the last two months. It isn't over by a long shot. I have been contemplating a hindsight look at the pandemic post here. I haven't done it yet because it would absolutely stir up a @#$% show. Some of my views are not what they were then. Some remain the same, but the circumstances have changed for the better for a lot of them. I was flat out wrong on some too. That's the thing that make's science interesting. It's never static. New evidence should absolutely change minds, that's science. Unfortunately, public figures, or anyone else, are NOT allowed to change their minds, EVER, without being summarily dismissed as a fraud today. That is NOT a good thing. I view an evidenced based change of mind as a mark of a really smart person. Only stupid fool is never open to a change of view.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
If you have hbo max you can watch every game on there

Nov 20, 2023
Oh damn, this i did not know about.. even though I’ve been reading the board forever. Just not posting long. Speaking of I’ve used my grandmothers DirecTv account to watch baseball games on the ESPN app. If that makes me a bad person then oh well. She’s totally down with it and is as good as a person as they come.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Let's just say this Goat, if you had really needed the business I'm in at the time, you would have whole heartedly agreed. So would every single person on this board. At my place we managed to avoid a crisis during that time. I thank God for that. I am not ashamed to admit I was REALLY scared for a long while. I still am to a degree, given my family situation. Most of my colleagues didn't escape the inevitable crisis stuff inherent with what we do. It was a damn scary time. We were shut down too, by law specific to US, with certain absolutely necessary exceptions, for about six weeks. COVID DID kill a highly regarded colleague... in the last two months. It isn't over by a long shot. I have been contemplating a hindsight look at the pandemic post here. I haven't done it yet because it would absolutely stir up a @#$% show. Some of my views are not what they were then. Some remain the same, but the circumstances have changed for the better for a lot of them. I was flat out wrong on some too. That's the thing that make's science interesting. It's never static. New evidence should absolutely change minds, that's science. Unfortunately, public figures, or anyone else, are NOT allowed to change their minds, EVER, without being summarily dismissed as a fraud today. That is NOT a good thing. I view an evidenced based change of mind as a mark of a really smart person. Only stupid fool is never open to a change of view.
You still don't get it. You only see this through your lens.

Everybody was scared in March 2020. We all knew people who died. But don't any of us have the right to tell the other how to live whose business/work was important and whose wasn't. Masks and distancing were good, but you can't shut down our economy. Look at the chaos that ensued, in 100 different avenues. There is some good innovation and adaptation that happens during times like that. But but but muh sTaY hOmE sAvE LiVeS.

And here you are still telling everyone that your business was more important. Well, good for you, but next time we have a weird event like that, it may not be yours that is important. What will you do then? We really find out who has balls/integrity and who is a cowardly selfish prick during those times. And there were a LOT of cowardly selfish pricks running around out there at the mercy of their fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.