Bank 3's

curseddawgs

All-Conference
Jun 16, 2021
1,372
1,236
113
Of course it's luck. They are all atrocious shots that are so far off that they bank in.
Nobody is trying to bank a 3 from straight on, much less from the corner.
Never forget DJ Jeffries corner bank 3 at the Pavilion 2 years ago to ice it in overtime
 

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,110
12,961
113
It may not be luck. Back in the day UCLA under John Wooden, mostly shot bank shots, by design.
Alcindor, Walton, Wicks, etc.
Damn, talk about a stupid take. I’m sure the majority of layups a d close shots are still banked, because, well, duh. But 3s? Geez, fella.
 

Willow Grove Dawg

All-American
Nov 3, 2016
8,392
6,063
113
It may not be luck. Back in the day UCLA under John Wooden, mostly shot bank shots, by design.
Alcindor, Walton, Wicks, etc.
Wooden taught players to use the backboard/glass from the wings and within 4-6 feet of the goal. He never taught anyone to bank a shot for the top of the key like we have been watching by our opponents.
 

Tall Dawg

Junior
Apr 11, 2016
1,036
323
83
We need to start shooting granny shots from the line. Rick (90% accuracy) Berry says hello.
 

HomeBoyDawg

All-Conference
Oct 22, 2013
1,412
1,362
93
Damn, talk about a stupid take. I’m sure the majority of layups a d close shots are still banked, because, well, duh. But 3s? Geez, fella.

Breathe Out Deep Breath GIF by Progressive

I think someone needs a life coach. How bout we change your response to something like:

"Well, could I point out what may be a flaw in your take? I'm sure the majority of layups a d (OOPS!) close shots are still banked, because, well, that's the easiest way to make those shots. Is that the case with 3's? I don't think so, kind sir."
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four