Just pushed the latest update to the Projected Field of 64 live. There's a new host again today https://t.co/HJTT195v1P— Teddy Cahill (@tedcahill) May 28, 2021
We’re ok for now, but If Stanford sweeps Oregon State or if TCU gets to the championship game of their tourney, we’d probably fall behind them.
If Stanford wins one more against Oregon State. Its going to be hard to select us over them.
I just don't see how Stanford is higher than us unless they just decide they want two Pac-12 teams in the top-8. Stanford could sweep Oregon State and would still have a lower winning% than us with an easier schedule (current SOS 41 vs. State's SOS 19).
The human element probably benefits Stanford if they win this weekend.
One of those two Big 12 teams is getting a Top 8 bid.
I would be more concerned about Stanford if it weren't for Arizona. Without Arizona they would want to give a borderline top-8 Pac-12 team the top-8 seed. But with Arizona locked in the top-8, I think the committee will be content giving the Pac-12 one top-8 host and two more top-16 hosts if they value our resume over Stanford's.
I could be wrong, but that's the human element I worry about more: The committee trying to geographically distribute top-8 and top-16 seeds. That's why I think Notre Dame has been a lock for a top-8 seed for weeks now.
Two Top 8’s for the #4 RPI conference would be an abomination.
Congrats USM, you’re hosting FSU and LSU. And you’re paired with Arky
Should be a nice home field advantage for the Corndogs. I have never met a Mississippi Southern grad that wasn’t head over heels in love with LSU.
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou