Baseball roster question.

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,299
113
I’m struggling with the extra COVID year and figuring out who we are retaining and giving valuable playing time to for next year vs. who we are losing.

Specifically Leggett and Skinner. I thought surely Legget was getting experience and would be day 1 starter on infield and Skinner in the outfield. Both are listed as seniors on the roster though.

What the deal here?
 

Beerbully

Redshirt
Dec 1, 2013
382
0
0
I don't understand it, either. I read through Skinner's bio on HailState, but there is no mention of the COVID year. Maybe somebody else can set us straight here.
 

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,335
791
113
When you look at the roster. YR=Class in School Academically ELG=Class in athletics

Legget is a senior in school and Jr in basball
Skinner is a senior in school and Soph in baseball - Skinner redshirt season in 2018, played 2019, Season cancelled 2020, Sophomore season 2021

Legget can play 1 more year and Skinner 2 more years
 

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,299
113
Ok. I was looking on the hail state app and it didn’t have an elg column. I see it on the website roster.
 
Jul 8, 2007
356
34
28
Pretty sure last year didn't count against eligibility. Very few players using this year as the extra year. Only Price and Self I think. Plus there are only 20 rounds in this years draft and there is a huge backlog of players to be drafted
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again