Beamer’s gonna need A LONG TIME

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
To turn this around. He’ll need 3-4 years just to learn how be a head coach, another 3-4 years to firmly establish growth, and maybe by year 8 or 9, he’ll have a real contender. But are willing to give him that time? Realistically, we have to break the 5 year revolving door with this guy, because he’s just too green for unreasonable expectations.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
To turn this around. He’ll need 3-4 years just to learn how be a head coach, another 3-4 years to firmly establish growth, and maybe by year 8 or 9, he’ll have a real contender. But are willing to give him that time? Realistically, we have to break the 5 year revolving door with this guy, because he’s just too green for unreasonable expectations.
What he should be doing is surrounding himself with coaches who know how to work with the talent we have. So far all we see are several coaches in over their heads. He needs to be ready to replace those who have been ineffective, but maybe he's not experienced enough to even make those judgements?

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
This is an embarrassment, but Tanner is invested for the long term. As long as Beamer limps to 5-6 wins per year, he’s staying for sure.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
They won't give him the time, but we're the type of program that needs to give people 10 yrs
Or hire another hall of fame coach who thinks he has one more turnaround in him like Holtz or Spurrier.

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
Once a coach goes 3 or 4 seasons without putting a team on the field that looks good enough to challenge for a shot at a championship it gets hard to recruit any top athletes. If Beamer doesn't get it turned around next season the bloom will be off the rose and it will be Muschamp 2.0.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Ok, I’m officially off the Beamer train. I want off! This game is completely unwatchable. Defense and offense look horrendous. This is depressing.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Once a coach goes 3 or 4 seasons without putting a team on the field that looks good enough to challenge for a shot at a championship it gets hard to recruit any top athletes. If Beamer doesn't get it turned around next season the bloom will be off the rose and it will be Muschamp 2.0.
This is my fear.

Our football staff has to improve too. A LOT!

Reactions: 92Pony and Cockring

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
I quit in the 2nd quarter. Beaner assembled a poor staff, including S&C. It’s too expensive and there are too many other things to do than watch a high school teams that isn’t remotely competitive. Calling today a sellout was a joke. The next 2 games won’t bring 50,000. You can’t fool the fans.

Sep 17, 2022
Beamer absolutely can’t do it. When you hire friends who have zero clue, this is what you get. Players will leave. Honestly, I appreciate Coach Spurrier more than anything. At least he gave me something to look forward to. 33-6 stretch was awesome. Now we are back to abt as bad as I’ve ever seen

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Beamer absolutely can’t do it. When you hire friends who have zero clue, this is what you get. Players will leave. Honestly, I appreciate Coach Spurrier more than anything. At least he gave me something to look forward to. 33-6 stretch was awesome. Now we are back to abt as bad as I’ve ever seen
Everything you just said is a fact.

Sep 17, 2022
I’ve been coming since 1983. I’m now 45. Minus 84 and spurrier going 33-6 in a 3 year span , I guess I’ll never see us be great. I’m sitting in the fairgrounds in my car staring into thin air as I type

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
Spurrier caught lightning in a bottle with that 33-6 stretch. What are the odds the two #1 recruits in the nation come from SC and choose to go to USC in back to back years again? As great as those years were, we didn't even win the East in any of them so even they are sort of hollow.

Such is the life of a gamecock fan.

Sep 17, 2022
I also watched players quit, like completely obvious! Who is paying the bills here? We have coaches on sideline clapping there hands as we get pummeled 45-0. Players on sideline laughing. Disgraceful

Sep 17, 2022
Spurrier caught lightning in a bottle with that 33-6 stretch. What are the odds the two #1 recruits in the nation come from SC and choose to go to USC in back to back years again? As great as those years were, we didn't even win the East in any of them so even they are sort of hollow.

They may be hollow to you but it gave me a reason to be excited abt Gameday. And spurrier at least won an East in his career. I’m glad we caught the lightning those 33 times. See how long it takes Shane to get 33 wins. A lot longer than 3 years I’ll promise that

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022

The odds were pretty good when SOS was the head coach.

Reactions: Palmetto Sun 2001

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
The odds were pretty good when SOS was the head coach.
I don't see that happening again. I doubt Saban is going to come out of retirement one day to coach at Carolina and Urban isn't going to go anywhere that doesn't have all the built in advantages of a UF, Ohio State or a program like that.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I don't see that happening again. I doubt Saban is going to come out of retirement one day to coach at Carolina and Urban isn't going to go anywhere that doesn't have all the built in advantages of a UF, Ohio State or a program like that.
Urban would be crying all the time at USC.

Here's my evil chicken:

Last edited:
Reactions: sdwexler

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
agree. Huge amount of us fans saw/knew this upfront. Yes- pull for him. Love the positivity...etc. Would've loved to have him as a coordinator and prove he could do that. He seems like he could do this....be this....in the future. But - unfortunately we still play in the SEC. Him and his notebook should've been given this chance at Wake Forest or some other conference/schedule that is more forgiving. We will never see another year like last year where a couple programs had historically worst scenarios in last 20 years occur. It's going to be really tough this year... EVEN with the two patsy games upcoming.

Reactions: Bwellgolf

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
That's exactly right. Not spoken about much....but 100% true. It may get real hard to recruit some guys EVEN with the NIL leg up stuff we have in place.

Reactions: Palmetto Sun 2001

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
We need to give Beamer as much time as he needs. I`m convinced he is the right guy. He wants to be here, he`s changing the culture, he is bringing in better recruits. People just need to be realistic and patient. I saw where Sam Pittman was 4-20 to start with, I think, then he was 4-4 in their last 8 games before they beat us. I`m sure there were many people at Kentucky who wanted to run off Stoops but look at them now. Hell a lot of the Clemson people were ready to show Dabo the door. We need to let Beamer have whatever resources he needs that we can give him. His father is also around and knows how to build a program. This will be a painful process but we need to stay the course for the long haul.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
We need to give Beamer as much time as he needs. I`m convinced he is the right guy. He wants to be here, he`s changing the culture, he is bringing in better recruits. People just need to be realistic and patient. I saw where Sam Pittman was 4-20 to start with, I think, then he was 4-4 in their last 8 games before they beat us. I`m sure there were many people at Kentucky who wanted to run off Stoops but look at them now. Hell a lot of the Clemson people were ready to show Dabo the door. We need to let Beamer have whatever resources he needs that we can give him. His father is also around and knows how to build a program. This will be a painful process but we need to stay the course for the long haul.
I just started a thread in reference to his current resources as it pertains to keeping coaches. He may need to replace some of his resources. I was wondering how this is handled by coaches in my thread I started.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
If Beamer succeeds here, he will be the first person who did not have previous success as a FBS Head Coach since 1975. Carlin, Morrison, Holtz and Spurrier all had some success with multiple achievements during their time here. I'm not saying they were super successful here. I am saying they had "some success".

On the other hand, Bell, Woods, Scott and Muschamp were unmitigating failures. If Beamer follows in their footsteps, who is to blame: Ray Tanner, the former players who pushed for Beamer or the Board Of Trustees?

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
If Beamer succeeds here, he will be the first person who did not have previous success as a FBS Head Coach since 1975. Carlin, Morrison, Holtz and Spurrier all had some success with multiple achievements during their time here. I'm not saying they were super successful here. I am saying they had "some success".

On the other hand, Bell, Woods, Scott and Muschamp were unmitigating failures. If Beamer follows in their footsteps, who is to blame: Ray Tanner, the former players who pushed for Beamer or the Board Of Trustees?
Probably BOT, I think RT will retire before SB departs. BOT will be left holding the decision made. I hope it doesn't come to that however.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I saw where Sam Pittman was 4-20 to start with, I think, then he was 4-4 in their last 8 games before they beat us.

I'm not sure that's correct. He went 3-7 his first year, and 9-4 his second year. And won one game this year before playing us.

But basically I don't think we should keep him any longer than necessary because it worked some other place. (It also didn't work in a lot of places).

He needs to be given the standard 3 or 4 years and earn any time beyond that. (3 years being for those coaches that just have the wheels fall of).

Edit: I was curious about Stoops. Did you know he took over a 2-10 team that was winless in conference, going 2-10 his first year, then went 5-7, 5-7, and then 7-6 and 7-6. So he was showing progress at least.

Last edited:

USCME

Jul 26, 2022
I agree 100% and I so afraid that this is going to be the case. If we don't lose a few recruits because of this ugly game Play it will be a miracle.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Latest posts