Beamers ‘F-You’ to Satt in his Presser Today…

Qastor

Joined Dec 7, 2007
Jan 17, 2022
“--With Harbor, he's a guy they saw as a pass rusher then Wright got involved cause they saw him as a tight end. Mentioned as of yesterday they saw him as a receiver and can do some TE stuff. He's an "elite athlete" and doesn't need to be blocking defensive ends 50 percent of the time. Tight end aspects but he'll do some things as a receiver too.”

That bold part… if there was ever a bigger middle finger or ‘F-You’ to Marcus Satterfield, I don’t know where it is! This is why we lost Bell. I’m convinced of it! But we got Harbor, and Satt is gone… so it’s all water under the bridge!

Gern

Joined Sep 1, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
“--With Harbor, he's a guy they saw as a pass rusher then Wright got involved cause they saw him as a tight end. Mentioned as of yesterday they saw him as a receiver and can do some TE stuff. He's an "elite athlete" and doesn't need to be blocking defensive ends 50 percent of the time. Tight end aspects but he'll do some things as a receiver too.”

That bold part… if there was ever a bigger middle finger or ‘F-You’ to Marcus Satterfield, I don’t know where it is! This is why we lost Bell. I’m convinced of it! But we got Harbor, and Satt is gone… so it’s all water under the bridge!
Bell????? Who is that?

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Nebraska was a reunion site with Rhule. It was probably a good move for all. I believe he has the football acumen, but was not ready to be the guy. I don’t think he adjusted in-game well, as some younger guys trying to prove they are legit tend to do. Play calling and personnel groupings were often head scratchers. I don’t know the guy personally, but there were plenty of rumors about his difficult personality to not have at least a little truth. With Rhule he will be the guy in name, but we all know Rhule will have his hand in it. May give Satt the opportunity to grow and give it a go away from Rhule again in a few years.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Nebraska was a reunion site with Rhule. It was probably a good move for all. I believe he has the football acumen, but was not ready to be the guy. I don’t think he adjusted in-game well, as some younger guys trying to prove they are legit tend to do. Play calling and personnel groupings were often head scratchers. I don’t know the guy personally, but there were plenty of rumors about his difficult personality to not have at least a little truth. With Rhule he will be the guy in name, but we all know Rhule will have his hand in it. May give Satt the opportunity to grow and give it a go away from Rhule again in a few years.
Glad to see Satterfield gone. He was not a good fit here. He needs a Head Coach who has experience as an Offensive Coordinator to, put it nicely, guide him in doing his OC duties. Rhule has that experience. Shane does not. I wish Satterfield well.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023

We "lost" Bell b/c he thought he was better than he actually was. Freak athlete, but not a very good football player. He was given more opportunity to shine than most would have been, and he didn't capitalize on it. I'm glad he's gone.

Reactions: RMOIII

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
We "lost" Bell b/c he thought he was better than he actually was. Freak athlete, but not a very good football player. He was given more opportunity to shine than most would have been, and he didn't capitalize on it. I'm glad he's gone.
I don’t know about all that…..but as a TE he was replaceable as we have seen. Type of athlete you want on your team…….ran hard when carrying the ball and helped us. But I think his stock was inflated way too high after the two Mayo Bowl long passes. He went from nice potential to hyped star with two receptions.

So yeah, would like for him to stay, but no, I don’t miss him or think we lost a step. As for TE’s, I will miss Kenion and Adkins more. Stogner was a good blocker, and I have no worries with him going back home. He came, he helped, he left…..so good luck to him. Bell seemed to want more spotlight.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I don’t know about all that…..but as a TE he was replaceable as we have seen. Type of athlete you want on your team…….ran hard when carrying the ball and helped us. But I think his stock was inflated way too high after the two Mayo Bowl long passes. He went from nice potential to hyped star with two receptions.

So yeah, would like for him to stay, but no, I don’t miss him or think we lost a step. As for TE’s, I will miss Kenion and Adkins more. Stogner was a good blocker, and I have no worries with him going back home. He came, he helped, he left…..so good luck to him. Bell seemed to want more spotlight.
Guess we'll disagree on that. I don't want the kind of athlete that's average at everything and good at nothing. If we could have found a way to get the ball in his hands one on one with a smaller LB/DB, fine. But that's really the only way he was effective. And you can't have a guy out there every play when that's his only opportunity. Adkins was much more impactful. Stog was disappointing. We're much better off at TE now.

Reactions: Tngamecock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Guess we'll disagree on that. I don't want the kind of athlete that's average at everything and good at nothing. If we could have found a way to get the ball in his hands one on one with a smaller LB/DB, fine. But that's really the only way he was effective. And you can't have a guy out there every play when that's his only opportunity. Adkins was much more impactful. Stog was disappointing. We're much better off at TE now.

It's somewhat a mystery at this point and will shake out based on how he performs at FSU. If he blows up there, then it'll look bad on us for not utilizing him more effectively. If he does about the same there, then it would support you statement.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I see Harbor as a Kellen Winslow, Sr. type - a tight end body who can go vertical. If we can get him the ball, he will bring a lot of pain to defenses.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
So where do we disagree? Totally agree with your analysis.

You said basically what I did except on Stog….. I was disappointed in his number of receptions but that could be because he wasn’t targeted that much. Maybe he was not open. But he was a damn good blocker and I focus on that when watching replays. He helped us on some big runs by other people. That’s all I meant. Trey Knox every bit as good as Bell for a TE.

Rodemi

Joined Dec 17, 2006
Jan 20, 2022
I see Harbor as a Kellen Winslow, Sr. type - a tight end body who can go vertical. If we can get him the ball, he will bring a lot of pain to defenses.
If he is half as good as Winslow we are in business.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
So where do we disagree? Totally agree with your analysis.

You said basically what I did except on Stog….. I was disappointed in his number of receptions but that could be because he wasn’t targeted that much. Maybe he was not open. But he was a damn good blocker and I focus on that when watching replays. He helped us on some big runs by other people. That’s all I meant. Trey Knox every bit as good as Bell for a TE.
I said he wasn't a good football player and I'm glad he's not around. You said he was the kind athlete you want, and wanted him to stay. Everything else we agree on. I just took it a little farther than you. Guy was the most overhyped player we've ever had.

Qastor

Joined Dec 7, 2007
Jan 17, 2022
When i see stuff like this it seems like you didin’t watch the games last year.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
When i see stuff like this it seems like you didin’t watch the games last year.
I absolutely did. I saw a dude that wanted no part of blocking. A dude with average hands. A dude that struggled to get open. I saw an ineffective ball carrier out of the backfield. I remember he released a highlight video of himself. One of them was him running the wrong route and stealing a catch from Vann. The look on Vann's face was hilarious.

Let me guess...it's all Satt's fault? Funny...Wells figured out how to be an All American. When he was healthy, Lloyd was an impact player. Vann shined in 2021. I'll go even further and say had Adkins started from the beginning we'd be talking about an All SEC TE...maybe 3rd team, but still. That kid was a baller. Ball players find a way. And Wells never did. At some point you gotta look in the mirror.

Reactions: cocky347

Qastor

Joined Dec 7, 2007
Jan 17, 2022
I absolutely did. I saw a dude that wanted no part of blocking. A dude with average hands. A dude that struggled to get open. I saw an ineffective ball carrier out of the backfield. I remember he released a highlight video of himself. One of them was him running the wrong route and stealing a catch from Vann. The look on Vann's face was hilarious.

Let me guess...it's all Satt's fault? Funny...Wells figured out how to be an All American. When he was healthy, Lloyd was an impact player. Vann shined in 2021. I'll go even further and say had Adkins started from the beginning we'd be talking about an All SEC TE...maybe 3rd team, but still. That kid was a baller. Ball players find a way. And Wells never did. At some point you gotta look in the mirror.
Funny how we found ways to use him in the passing game against UT and Clemson… but had every excuse for not using him in the regular season. But keep your take man.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Funny how we found ways to use him in the passing game against UT and Clemson… but had every excuse for not using him in the regular season. But keep your take man.
Against UT he had 39 yards. Yeah, he had 2 TDs. One was a great play, one was a busted play that Rattler made and found him wide open on the goal line on the far side.

He had 2....2 receiving yards against Clem.

He got the PT he earned. I'm not sure why it's so hard for some to understand. Do we really think Beamer would just sit there, knowing there's a game changing player just sitting on the sideline not getting utilized, and just accept those pathetic offensive performances we were putting out? Most of the time, the answer is the easy one...he's just not that good.

Yemacock

Joined Apr 6, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Quinn Wow GIF by Harlem
No trouble

Qastor

Joined Dec 7, 2007
Jan 17, 2022
Against UT he had 39 yards. Yeah, he had 2 TDs. One was a great play, one was a busted play that Rattler made and found him wide open on the goal line on the far side.

He had 2....2 receiving yards against Clem.

He got the PT he earned. I'm not sure why it's so hard for some to understand. Do we really think Beamer would just sit there, knowing there's a game changing player just sitting on the sideline not getting utilized, and just accept those pathetic offensive performances we were putting out? Most of the time, the answer is the easy one...he's just not that good.
Feels like that’s what happened for the first 10 games. This is Beamers first rodeo as a HC and he’s learning as he goes along. That mistake will not be duplicated with Harbor!

Reactions: MrCockStrong

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Feels like that’s what happened for the first 10 games. This is Beamers first rodeo as a HC and he’s learning as he goes along. That mistake will not be duplicated with Harbor!
I guess I’m still not clear on what mistake Beamer made with Bell.

Garnet Man

Feb 25, 2022
Think the potential to have a Brock Bowers type player with world class speed. Chance to be special. Grateful he chose to be a Gamecock.

Qastor

Joined Dec 7, 2007
Jan 17, 2022
I guess I’m still not clear on what mistake Beamer made with Bell.

Reactions: MrCockStrong

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Satterfield needed to go. Maybe Nebraska saw something and thinks he will be a good fit in their environment. I think their offense will be a mess.

Really? You think a team that won 4 games last year and scored 22 ppg won't turn around in one year and look like the Patriots with Brady?

Got any stock tips?

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
"Despite being productive"

When? He was productive against UNC (the worst D I've seen in quite a while). That's it. One game out of 25 and you want to pin that on the HC?? Please tell me how you use a TE that doesn't want to block, doesn't run good routes, and runs wrong routes.

Baltcock96

Joined Dec 11, 2001
Jan 28, 2022
Satterfield needed to go. Maybe Nebraska saw something and thinks he will be a good fit in their environment. I think their offense will be a mess.
Especially if Nebraska goes back to its roots. WR and tE will be blocking. Qb running.

Qastor

Joined Dec 7, 2007
Jan 17, 2022

When? He was productive against UNC (the worst D I've seen in quite a while). That's it. One game out of 25 and you want to pin that on the HC?? Please tell me how you use a TE that doesn't want to block, doesn't run good routes, and runs wrong routes.
The same way UF used Kyle Pitts. Couldn’t block but was a 1st team SEC TE. Why? Cause the OC figured he was such a dynamic playmaker in space, with the ball in his hands, that he designed plays to get him in space and out the ball in his hands. Not saying that’s Beamers fault but I think the rumors are true, that they cut Satt out after the UF game, and I think Beamer is thinking he should have made that move sooner. Just my 0.02

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Hiring Satt. Satt had personnel groupings for different plays that kept some our most productive players off the field at the same time in many cases including Bell. It also let the defense know what was coming.
Satt sucked. There's no denying that. But it's not Satt's fault Bell wasn't good enough to be in on multiple personnel groupings. I'm not saying Satt isn't without fault. I do think Bell should have gotten a chance more in the Mizzu game. Our O was pathetic and need anything to get some momentum going. But I think you look at Bell's entire body of work, and it's just not that impressive. He had 2 really good games. The UNC game and Vandy (which was basically one 85 yd TD catch). Other than those two games, he totaled 44 catches for 433 yds and 4 TDs over 23 games.

I hope the kid balls out at FSU. I really do. But he was really involved in the first couple of games of the season. He had a chance to prove he can be a playmaker. And he couldn't do it against GA St and Ark (ranked in the 100s on D). That was an eye opener to me.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
The same way UF used Kyle Pitts. Couldn’t block but was a 1st team SEC TE. Why? Cause the OC figured he was such a dynamic playmaker in space, with the ball in his hands, that he designed plays to get him in space and out the ball in his hands. Not saying that’s Beamers fault but I think the rumors are true, that they cut Satt out after the UF game, and I think Beamer is thinking he should have made that move sooner. Just my 0.02
Kyle Pitts is a dynamic receiver. He runs great routes and has great hands. Bell is not. Not even in the same ballpark. Pitts can run any route you ask him to. You can't send a guy out there when the D knows exactly what's coming b/c that's all he can do. Again, you're asking me to believe they knowingly had Kyle Pitts sitting on the sideline. Not buying that at all.

I don't doubt that Beamer probably thinks he should have made the move sooner. That doesn't have anything to do with Bell.

Qastor

Joined Dec 7, 2007
Jan 17, 2022
Kyle Pitts is a dynamic receiver. He runs great routes and has great hands. Bell is not. Not even in the same ballpark. Pitts can run any route you ask him to. You can't send a guy out there when the D knows exactly what's coming b/c that's all he can do. Again, you're asking me to believe they knowingly had Kyle Pitts sitting on the sideline. Not buying that at all.

I don't doubt that Beamer probably thinks he should have made the move sooner. That doesn't have anything to do with Bell.
That’s your take. Not saying Bell was Kyle Pitts but he most certainly could have been used in the same vein.

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I said he wasn't a good football player and I'm glad he's not around. You said he was the kind athlete you want, and wanted him to stay. Everything else we agree on. I just took it a little farther than you. Guy was the most overhyped player we've ever had.
Yep….he was helpful, but if you can’t block you ain’t playing TE and he sure didn’t deserve an offense built around him. He should thank SC for using him as much as we did. There was a reason Adkins, Stogner, Kenion were used more at TE.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Shot to stardom after one game. He got enough reps at tight end to know that he could not get open against a good defense. So if he’s too small to block, or at least, doesn’t want to block effectively at TE, your next choice is receiver, where he’s too slow to get open. So that’s not an option and he moved to running back to get the ball, but he’s really not a running back just a big guy who didn’t fumble and gained some tough yards sometimes.

Latest posts