been saying it a couple of weeks now...

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Nobody wants to play LSU in Atlanta. They may lose in round 1, but they are dangerous

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
is how they were 1-6 under such a good coach like John Brady, and are 5-3 under Butch Pierre. My God, he must be the offspring of John Wooden and Stan Jones.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
with losing Tasmin Mitchell for the season with an injury, Randolph being a true Freshman and getting experience, Johnson missing 4 games with a broken hand, and Garrett Temple playing with a hurt hand as well.</p>

But thats just a guess</p>

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
although I'm pretty sure Tasmin Mitchell still isn't playing for them, so that point is invalid. Randolph being a true freshman? He played all their non-conference games + 7 SEC games under Brady, he had plenty of time to develop.

Of course, the simpler answer is that John Brady just isn't that good.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"although I'm pretty sure Tasmin Mitchell still isn't playing for them"

You dont think there was an adjustment period after losing him?

"Randolph being a true freshman? He played all their non-conference games + 7 SEC games under Brady, he had plenty of time to develop."

yeah, i'm sure he is no better now than he was back in December after getting all this experience

Brady played his first 4 conference games without Tasmin Mitchell and Johnson. Wonder how we would have fared without Rhodes and Gordon in our first 4 games. And also how we would do without Gordon this season

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Adjustment period for losing Mitchell? Until February 8? If it took them 85% of the season to adjust to losing Mitchell, then I guess Brady really did suck.

"yeah, i'm sure he is no better now than he was back in December after getting all this experience"

And this is funny. Again, when was Brady fired? Hint: Not in December. It was February 8. Four weeks ago.

Maybe the players are just playing harder for Pierre. Did that ever occur to you?

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
but it takes a toll on a team when they lose a player the caliber of Mitchell. Then Johnson breaks his hand which leads to an 8 games losing streak. Its hard for any team to overcome losing 2 of their best players off a 5 man team. Thats playing games without 40% of your starters.

Has Pierre done a good job? Absolutely. But he had Johnson back on the team when he took over as well.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
"They may lose in round 1, but they are dangerous"

Way to cover all your bases.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Barry Booker just credited Butch Pierre with much of Brady's success and said they have gotten a lot better as a team since he took over.

The fact that I am not an executive chef doesn't stop me from knowing when my steak is overcooked.